• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Ford Fiesta 2011 TPMS reset

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
So I have the clicker thing and I am trying to get this car into TPMS learn mode following this ancient raindance. I am never getting the horn to actually honk saying it has entered the learning procedure. Is there something I am missing? It is an SES with the DSG and awful early mytouch/sync bs.

1.) Make sure all tires are inflated to the vehicle’s recommended inflation pressures (found in the owner’s manual on the door placard).

2.) Turn the ignition switch to OFF then press and release the brake pedal.

3.) Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN (engine OFF) 3 times, ending in the RUN position. Do this within 10 seconds.

4.) Press and release the brake pedal.

5.) Turn the ignition switch back to OFF.

6.) Turn the ignition switch from OFF to RUN (engine OFF) 3 times, ending in the RUN position. Do this within 10 seconds.

7.) The horn should sound letting you know the vehicle has entered into TPMS relearn mode.

8.) Place the top of the TPMS triggering tool against the sidewall of the driver’s side front tire in the location of the valve stem.

9a.) If using a VT10, hold down the left button of the VT10 triggering tool for 10-15 seconds. The vehicle’s horn will sound letting you know the sensor has been learned.

10.) Once the horn sounds, move on to the passenger side front tire and repeat the process. Each tire should only take 30 seconds or less.

11.) After the passenger side front tire has been learned, continue on to the passenger side rear tire and finishing with the driver’s side rear tire.

12.) You may now turn the ignition to OFF. If the horn does not sound, the sensors were learned successfully. If the horn sounds twice, then the process must be repeated because there was a malfunction.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
:obama:

you've got the right procedure. make sure the car is away from anything that could generate RF noise (another car with a tpms system, electric motors, cell phones, vehicle remotes.....etc)
i hate tire pressure sensor learning. even going through a scan tool it can suck and not work. what "clicker thing" are you using? do you have access to a scan tool? you might have to go through that to get the car into it's learn mode

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Intel
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list