Ford EEC-V Tuning

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
What's the token "go-to" for tuning the EEC-V cars? Specific car will be a 2003 Mustang Mach 1. I was all ready to buy HP Tuners but I was reading that the MVPI2 is having issues with data logging in the scanner. Something about it freezing up and not recording data and it's been an issue for like a year. So I started to look around.

I looked at SCT Pro software but the cost is kinda high relative to everything else when you consider that you have to buy both a handheld scanner and the software.

Then I read a lot of people recommend the Motes Quarter Horse with some open source tuning software. Reading into it that seems like it's a kind of chip that you can use to tune in real time, then maybe flash a permanent tune after its worked out? Reading the tutorials on it were confusing, and I'm not exactly sure what all I exactly need for it.

Anyone use HPT on these cars and it actually works? Or should I try something else.

I wanna tune the car myself because it's my new side piece. It has some work done (cams, catless exhaust) and it's pretty obvious they did the mods without tuning the car.

The only one of the 3 options I looked at above that it was clear could accept analog inputs for using a Wideband was HPT. The others either weren't clear or never mentioned it.

Any input, or additional clarity that anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
giphy.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Been reading about the QH and it sounds like an absolute nightmare to set up and get going. Like you have to buy 3 or 4 different types of hardware and it uses a chip. You can get an OBD-II flash tuner and use it to flash but the hardware is like $450.

I found my old SCT X3 from my 3v, so I could pay the $150 to unlock that and then get the SCT software.

I'm kinda leaning towards gambling on using HP Tuners though. It seems like the lowest cost and most seamless integration into the vehicle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Sprayin
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list