Ford cutting 7,000 Jobs

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
Could it just be the fact that new cars are just too expensive?

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Could it just be the fact that new cars are just too expensive?
Brutal, i don't want to read about one person losing their gig let alone 7,000.

I completely agree with them being expensive. I recently completed the 100,000 mile service on my 2011, point being I hope to keep it another 100,000 or more.
I prefer no car payment
:drums:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
Donating Member
Reaction score
We always go through a few year period of time when the used car market is UP because everyone is looking for good reliable used cars instead of paying for a new one. I'm actually surprised anyone buys anything new knowing 100% that the car is instantly worth at least 10+% less.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think my Mustang is the last new car I would buy. I only bought it new because I wanted the new body-style. I bought the Infiniti used. It was about 40% cheaper than new at only two years old.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
We always go through a few year period of time when the used car market is UP because everyone is looking for good reliable used cars instead of paying for a new one. I'm actually surprised anyone buys anything new knowing 100% that the car is instantly worth at least 10+% less.
Agreed. I finally bought my first brand new car in August 2017. After having a crappy experience with my previous car that was supposedly a certified pre-owned car. I decided to buy new in hopes to save myself from headaches. From a financial standpoint, it probably wasn't worth it. Now I plan to keep this car as long as I can.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Some people just don't want a car another person has farted in a bunch already.

For me, I could care less, and would rather save the depreciation

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Farts can be aired out. For me it's the smoking.
I refuse to buy a car that has been smoked in.

torquelover

Reaction score
Farts can be aired out. For me it's the smoking.
I refuse to buy a car that has been smoked in.
Been a while since I've been out of the professional car dealer detailing gig.

Back then ozone was key to (temporarily) kill the smell. Is there a better system now?

I drive a lot of rental cars/fleet cars weekly. Seeing a random dried booger, finger/toe nail, or flossing chunk really grosses me out

Ron Vogel

Reaction score
First new car I bought was a '91 I think. Last new car I bought was a '97. I wouldn't buy anything newer than maybe 3-4 years. Huge waste of money on initial purchase and insurance. Most of the cars I've bought in the last several years have been over 10 years old. Pay cash, liability only, replace when needed...or I get bored with it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
IMO, we should be happy some people don't want used cars. They buy new, take the depreciation and people who buy used benefit.

I'm thinking a 10K miles C7 that an old guy drove 2,000 miles a year on nice days would look good in my driveway sometime. If the guy died and his wife has been to Carmax with the car, I might get a good price.

spuhala

Reaction score
I will never buy a ford again, its in the dealer every 3 months, i also sold all my stock and shorting the stock with puts.

zenriddles

Molon Labe - come and take them!
Reaction score
I'm thinking a 10K miles C7 that an old guy drove 2,000 miles a year on nice days would look good in my driveway sometime.
Nah. C7 will NEVER look good. Looks like something some kid who played too much with Transformers designed.
Go for the ZO6 C6.

GTPpower

Reaction score
Brutal, i don't want to read about one person losing their gig let alone 7,000.

I completely agree with them being expensive. I recently completed the 100,000 mile service on my 2011, point being I hope to keep it another 100,000 or more.
I prefer no car payment
:drums:
Same here. My wife's 2014 edge almost has 100k on it. I plan to keep it for another 100k, as long as we don't have anymore kids in that time frame.

My F350 has 150k, and I want to keep it til 300k.

Not having a payment every month really adds up.

A newer pickup would cost me at minimum $10k a year. Mine costs maybe $2k a year with all the maintenance.

6 years ago I bought a new platinum F150. Price out the door was right around $40k. I bought new because it didn't make sense to buy used. All the used platinum f150's were about $35K with 30,000-40,000 miles on them and 2-3 years old. Looking back at what I know now, I should have bought an older f150 with more miles....or just kept the very reliable and paid for F150 I had.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
that whole hindsight thing

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
I should've sold my beanie babies. I thought they were still waiting to peak

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom