Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I wonder what it actually means when these other companies say they are building ventilators. I mean surely they aren’t making complete products, right? I mean ventilators have proprietary screens and electronics and cases.... it’s not just tubing and a pump. When they say they’re building ventilators they mean they are just using their spare unused CNC equipment to make components right? I can’t imagine they would re-tool their plants to make the circuit boards and such

Reactions: DanJ

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
I wonder what it actually means when these other companies say they are building ventilators. I mean surely they aren’t making complete products, right? I mean ventilators have proprietary screens and electronics and cases.... it’s not just tubing and a pump. When they say they’re building ventilators they mean they are just using their spare unused CNC equipment to make components right? I can’t imagine they would re-tool their plants to make the circuit boards and such
That's what I'm wondering as well. When they did this in WWII manufacturing was completely different. Casting molds and stamps could be changed out really easily. The rest was mostly hand tools and laborers. Now days, if you want to change the product, you may as well throw the entire production line in the trash.

On another note, is an automotive manufacturer even qualified to make medical grade equipment? Does this not matter anymore because we're in a time of crisis? I'm not saying that they're incapable, but the production facilities for medical equipment are very different from automotive. It sure would suck for a Tesla ventilator to have some sort of dust inside that wouldn't matter one bit to a new car buyer but ends up killing a sick patient. That's just grim example.

Reactions: Stink Star

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

message-editor%2F1585065743907-ford-hood.jpeg

message-editor%2F1585065751298-ford-papr-design.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info