Ford Building Ventilators

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I quoted a job, couple special pressure inserts going to our customer, tier one automotive, ultimately ends up at GM for their ventilators.
Thus, we sincerely are essential.

Stink Star Productions

Don’t Drive Angry!
Reaction score
I wonder what it actually means when these other companies say they are building ventilators. I mean surely they aren’t making complete products, right? I mean ventilators have proprietary screens and electronics and cases.... it’s not just tubing and a pump. When they say they’re building ventilators they mean they are just using their spare unused CNC equipment to make components right? I can’t imagine they would re-tool their plants to make the circuit boards and such

v6buicks

Reaction score
I wonder what it actually means when these other companies say they are building ventilators. I mean surely they aren’t making complete products, right? I mean ventilators have proprietary screens and electronics and cases.... it’s not just tubing and a pump. When they say they’re building ventilators they mean they are just using their spare unused CNC equipment to make components right? I can’t imagine they would re-tool their plants to make the circuit boards and such
That's what I'm wondering as well. When they did this in WWII manufacturing was completely different. Casting molds and stamps could be changed out really easily. The rest was mostly hand tools and laborers. Now days, if you want to change the product, you may as well throw the entire production line in the trash.

On another note, is an automotive manufacturer even qualified to make medical grade equipment? Does this not matter anymore because we're in a time of crisis? I'm not saying that they're incapable, but the production facilities for medical equipment are very different from automotive. It sure would suck for a Tesla ventilator to have some sort of dust inside that wouldn't matter one bit to a new car buyer but ends up killing a sick patient. That's just grim example.

torquelover

Reaction score
Hate to say it, but I wouldn't want a Tesla ventilator.

The odd quirks Tesla folks put up with in the cars would be lethal in a ventilator.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom