Ford Bronco is back: It's official

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Wrangler fender flares are held on by plastic clips. Been a while since I removed them, but have done 4-5 sets of aftermarket flares.
Pretty sure, there are no screws, nuts or bolts.
right, big difference though between flares and fenders though.

1611597143009.png

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
i can't wait to see all the technicolor ford bronco's running around different shades of their OEM colors.

pewter/silver GM vehicles from the 90s & 2000's style.

I have no doubt colors will be all kinds of goofy. I bet wrapped parts will be popular too. 1960's era colors on each panel. lol

i can't imagine being as much of a white knight for a manufacturer as you are. do you get direct deposit for sticking up for them or is it a weekly check?

I'd say I am pretty fair with all manufacturers. Praises and complaints about them all. I complained plenty about Ford. Sure, some areas I think they have it dead right. Others are so far from right it is worng.

I'd say, I'm am no more a white knight for Ford as you are with GM.

it's funny because it's the flares... not the fenders.

No, the actual fenders. The flairs come off easy with the latches. But you can unbolt the actual fender in "minutes". Ford claimed minites. Not sure if it is 3 or 30. But yes, the fenders and quarters can be un-bolted and swapped out.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I have no doubt colors will be all kinds of goofy. I bet wrapped parts will be popular too. 1960's era colors on each panel. lol

I'd say I am pretty fair with all manufacturers. Praises and complaints about them all. I complained plenty about Ford. Sure, some areas I think they have it dead right. Others are so far from right it is worng.

I'd say, I'm am no more a white knight for Ford as you are with GM.

No, the actual fenders. The flairs come off easy with the latches. But you can unbolt the actual fender in "minutes". Ford claimed minites. Not sure if it is 3 or 30. But yes, the fenders and quarters can be un-bolted and swapped out.

find where i white knight GM more than you do ford.

please find a link to the easy remove fenders id love to read about it, seriously.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so. another hilarious issue with these. "non-car people" don't know the difference between the bronco sport and the "fullsize" model.

i just asked my buddy if he was at all interested in them his reply;

i thought itd be bigger
like after driving past it it looked kinda tiny
like i was thinking more in line with like a raptor without a bed
something like larger
but i only saw one the dealership had out front one day and thought meh

im like hey, man... that's the sport.... not the "real" one.

not that any of this matters cuz they're gonna sell like crazy anyways.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
so. another hilarious issue with these. "non-car people" don't know the difference between the bronco sport and the "fullsize" model.

i just asked my buddy if he was at all interested in them his reply;

i thought itd be bigger
like after driving past it it looked kinda tiny
like i was thinking more in line with like a raptor without a bed
something like larger
but i only saw one the dealership had out front one day and thought meh

im like hey, man... that's the sport.... not the "real" one.
In my defense as I'm not a "non car dude". I'm not a fan of anything Ford with the exception of the Raptors and the Fox Bodies. I can and do respect everyones builds including Fords as I know what it takes to build cars. Been there and done that more than once as have you.
This Bronco does absolutely nothing for me, so I havent researched it at all. Ive pretty much gotten all my info from this thread or what my brother has told me. To be honest havent really paid much attention to this thread except for the shit that caught my eye, one being the non power seats, which I have been corrected on by Pressure Ratio iirc or could have been you lol.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Looks like a couple of them are a real hot item....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
In my defense as I'm not a "non car dude". I'm not a fan of anything Ford with the exception of the Raptors and the Fox Bodies. I can and do respect everyones builds including Fords as I know what it takes to build cars. Been there and done that more than once as have you.
This Bronco does absolutely nothing for me, so I havent researched it at all. Ive pretty much gotten all my info from this thread or what my brother has told me. To be honest havent really paid much attention to this thread except for the shit that caught my eye, one being the non power seats, which I have been corrected on by Pressure Ratio iirc or could have been you lol.

power seats are definitely back there. i edited my previous post

1611770047716.png

• Wow
Reactions: Shawn1112

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
marketing silliness.
Maybe.

But if there are reasonably priced fenders out there that can change the look, function, and usefulness? And anyone with minimal mechanical skills can swap them out? I think it could offer a lot of people more customization.

I will say I doubt any fenders, available for years to come, will be "inexpensive". So I doubt we will see many Broncos with them swapped. I love the look of Pre-runner trucks with their huge fenders and Quarters. I can imagine a Pre-runner Bronco being pretty sweet.

And that Bronco you just posted looks legit too.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Maybe.

But if there are reasonably priced fenders out there that can change the look, function, and usefulness? And anyone with minimal mechanical skills can swap them out? I think it could offer a lot of people more customization.

I will say I doubt any fenders, available for years to come, will be "inexpensive". So I doubt we will see many Broncos with them swapped. I love the look of Pre-runner trucks with their huge fenders and Quarters. I can imagine a Pre-runner Bronco being pretty sweet.

And that Bronco you just posted looks legit too.
You know what you're describing exists and has existed in jeep land forever, right

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Fender flairs, sure. I've seen a zillion of them.

But actual fenders and quarters? I don't follow Jeep's that close. Links to bolt-on different design fenders and quarters?
I think the front fenders are legit replacements on Wranglers, but not the 1/4's, those are bolt ons or stick ons.
I could be wrong on the front fenders and they could be the same. Ive never installed them, I've only installed flares. But the front fenders look like replacements.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Ya, I have seen the tons of different flairs. In plastic, aluminum, and steel. They even sell wheel well liners that are sweet.

I have seen steel and aluminum panels that you use on the corners of the quarters. You install nut-inserts on the body to bolt-on protection panels.

But I have not seen what KJ is saying is out there for the Jeep like Ford engineers set the Bronco up for. So I'm interested to see them if they are out there.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Ya, I have seen the tons of different flairs. In plastic, aluminum, and steel. They even sell wheel well liners that are sweet.

I have seen steel and aluminum panels that you use on the corners of the quarters. You install nut-inserts on the body to bolt-on protection panels.

But I have not seen what KJ is saying is out there for the Jeep like Ford engineers set the Bronco up for. So I'm interested to see them if they are out there.
Gotcha, and yeah I agree on the wheel well liners. Some of them really look good.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Lol you're such a white knight. When's your check arrive this week?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info