Ford Bronco is back: It's official

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So I was busting my brothers balls regarding no power seats in a $60K+ vehicle that he ordered. OMFG was he getting soooooo butt hurt, talking bad about Fords or Trump to him is like talking bad about his kids or fucking his Wife lol. He had every fucking excuse in the world and then told me they have a very good reason for it and he would look in to it and let me know why, lol.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
So I was busting my brothers balls regarding no power seats in a $60K+ vehicle that he ordered. OMFG was he getting soooooo butt hurt, talking bad about Fords or Trump to him is like talking bad about his kids or fucking his Wife lol. He had every fucking excuse in the world and then told me they have a very good reason for it and he would look in to it and let me know why, lol.

id have him call and ask, it sounds like specific seat material can have power seats while others can't.

Reactions: Shawn1112

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
This is the exact one my brother ordered. Cant wait to bust his balls about no power seats. He honest thinks this Bronco is the greatest thing ever and will steal the Wrangler crowd from Jeep. ???

View attachment 79519

View attachment 79520

View attachment 79521

I can see the Bronco taking away a good chunk of the Jeep crew. I don't think you will see die heart fans changing over, but I can see it taking away some thunder from Wrangler. Power seats or no, I think the Bronco is pretty bad ass.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I can see the Bronco taking away a good chunk of the Jeep crew. I don't think you will see die heart fans changing over, but I can see it taking away some thunder from Wrangler. Power seats or no, I think the Bronco is pretty bad ass.
I would think most Wrangler drivers are die hard hence the reason they bought it in the first place. I bought one and hated the MFer and got rid of it asap. Time will tell though

Reactions: Chester Copperpot

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I would think most Wrangler drivers are die hard hence the reason they bought it in the first place. I bought one and hated the MFer and got rid of it asap. Time will tell though

I think to younger crowd is going to pull towards the Bronco more. The kids who get them and mall crawl with them. I think you will see that group drift over to Ford. "The cool it thing to have".

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
id have him call and ask, it sounds like specific seat material can have power seats while others can't.

Ford does go cheap on important, valued items

- Manual seats in a $50k +, new flagship Bronco
- 1970s quality headlights and non-standard blind spot monitoring in the F150
- 2015 headlights in the GT500
- Dummy gauges that add zero value

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn

I saw a video where they cover this. The cheapest interior has a washable cloth/vinyl seat that is non-power. So if you opt for the cheaper interior that includes rubber floors and less electronics. From no cordless phone charger, to fewer switches, fewer charging ports, no dash-mounted rail & charging ports, etc.. So basically they don't want you to worry about hosing the seats down and ruining the seat electronics. If you want power seats you have to opt for the mid or high-level interiors.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I saw a video where they cover this. The cheapest interior has a washable cloth/vinyl seat that is non-power. So if you opt for the cheaper interior that includes rubber floors and less electronics. From no cordless phone charger, to fewer switches, fewer charging ports, no dash-mounted rail & charging ports, etc.. So basically they don't want you to worry about hosing the seats down and ruining the seat electronics. If you want power seats you have to opt for the mid or high-level interiors.

there are "higher" end models with the wash-down interior.

Reactions: ragingclue

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I also saw where the front fenders and quarter panels are bolted on. So you can bolt on new style fenders. Ford had a set that was really small and didn't bulge out at all. Very narrow to increase clearance and line of sight. Then another set that was super wide. That is a cool option. Especially if you bash a quarter on a trail or something. You can literally bolt a new one on in minutes.

The amount of ideas they have to make the Bronco modular is pretty awesome. It should be interesting to see what the aftermarket comes up with for this thing. Since there are so many options to unbolt and bolt things onto the truck.

Reactions: Bob Kazamakis

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
aren't... most... fenders... bolted... on?

giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
there are "higher" end models with the wash-down interior.

Interiors yes, No one is gonna hose down leather seats. Well, no one with any kind of brain. lol

also, if you can figure out how to make a multi-media system work in a wet environment, you could figure out power seats :rofl:

Ford is gonna Ford.

I have said it before that it seems Ford does a lot of oddball things with first-year vehicles. Especially when it comes to options and packages. So you want an ashtray and lighter? You have to add the mega-dollar entertainment package and delete the Sasquatch package. what the? hahaha Fucking Ford. lol

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Interiors yes, No one is gonna hose down leather seats. Well, no one with any kind of brain. lol

Ford is gonna Ford.

I have said it before that it seems Ford does a lot of oddball things with first-year vehicles. Especially when it comes to options and packages. So you want an ashtray and lighter? You have to add the mega-dollar entertainment package and delete the Sasquatch package. what the? hahaha Fucking Ford. lol

dude they are advertising it as an interior that can be hosed off

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes. But usually, you have to take the front end and a bunch of other stuff off to remove a fender on new vehicles. The Bronco doesn't have any front end parts bolted to it, no side markers, no mirrors, and so on.

i can't wait to see all the technicolor ford bronco's running around different shades of their OEM colors.

pewter/silver GM vehicles from the 90s & 2000's style.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
aren't... most... fenders... bolted... on?

giphy.gif

it's funny because it's the flares... not the fenders.
Wrangler fender flares are held on by plastic clips. Been a while since I removed them, but have done 4-5 sets of aftermarket flares.
Pretty sure, there are no screws, nuts or bolts.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info