Ford Bronco is back: It's official

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Ford nailed this and this is coming from the biggest hater in myself of what potentially could have been unveiled. Some folks just can't help but be negative ALL OF THE TIME.
^This. Giving negative reviews also gives some people a sense of superiority. It's more entertaining for them and their followers to be critical instead of giving any glowing praise.

Anyway, I think Ford hit the mark with the release of this vehicle, and there is room in the future for more HP and other versions. Unless a significant problem arises with them, I believe it'll be a hot seller and retain its value pretty well with demand outpacing supply for the first couple years. Another mark of success will be if it holds its value further down the line, like the way the Wrangler does. Leasing one of the early ones might be a good move if the residual ends up being set marginally low, or it would at least be worthy of some more research and consideration.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Most people realize that engine swaps are unnecessary and impractical to achieve what 99.999999% of car enthusiasts want to achieve with a street-driven vehicle. That's why they haven't really been a common "thing" for 10+ years. 3.5 or 5.0 f150's can go high 11's with minimal mods....why the hell would someone put a giant 7.3 in there and deal with all the electronics issues just to go slower

I think the 7.3 would be an awesome swap into a Fox, older truck, etc. Cubes for days, and plenty of potential to get turnt up. Modern vehicles? Yeah totally agree. But imagine an OBS with a 7.3/10speed. Already makes more torque than the 7.3 Powerstroke, and almost 200 HP more than anything else Ford put in that. Couple that with probably double the gas mileage....and that's just from a stock Godzilla....Alternative to building a BBF or swapping in an LS.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I think the 7.3 would be an awesome swap into a Fox, older truck, etc. Cubes for days, and plenty of potential to get turnt up. Modern vehicles? Yeah totally agree. But imagine an OBS with a 7.3/10speed. Already makes more torque than the 7.3 Powerstroke, and almost 200 HP more than anything else Ford put in that. Couple that with probably double the gas mileage....and that's just from a stock Godzilla....Alternative to building a BBF or swapping in an LS.

Coyotes swaps in to Foxbodies are common, effective and provide great performance.

Would like to understand the value in swapping a 7.3.

Reactions: Rent Free

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Yes all old heaps could all use a modern engine. Whether it be 7.3, 5.0 etc. But it's never worth it. Spend $10-15k on the swap and you're still driving a piece of crap worth $8k lol

Racecars are the only logical applications, or maybe a dedicated offroad vehicle

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Yes all old heaps could all use a modern engine. Whether it be 7.3, 5.0 etc. But it's never worth it. Spend $10-15k on the swap and you're still driving a piece of crap worth $8k lol

Racecars are the only logical applications, or maybe a dedicated offroad vehicle

Not sure if serious....TONS of people swapping modern engines into non-racecar older vehicles, including tons of trucks. Resto-mods are equally popular in the truck world...

Coyotes swaps in to Foxbodies are common, effective and provide great performance.

Would like to understand the value in swapping a 7.3.

Less sheetmetal to cut up. The Coyote is a physically GIANT engine, whereas the 7.3 takes up much less space.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Most people realize that engine swaps are unnecessary and impractical to achieve what 99.999999% of car enthusiasts want to achieve with a street-driven vehicle. That's why they haven't really been a common "thing" for 10+ years. 3.5 or 5.0 f150's can go high 11's with minimal mods....why the hell would someone put a giant 7.3 in there and deal with all the electronics issues just to go slower

You cant tell me some Boomer isnt going to 7.3 swap a Bronco :fth:

Itll never be that common I know that.

About as common as dirtymax swapped H2s :ROFLMAO:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
You cant tell me some Boomer isnt going to 7.3 swap a Bronco :fth:

Itll never be that common I know that.

About as common as dirtymax swapped H2s :ROFLMAO:

There’s no value in it. Ford comes out with a pushrod targeted for towing, slaps the name Godzilla on it, and folks are losing their shit recommending swaps. If Godzilla, let alone Tremor, wasn’t associated with the engine then they motor would have fallen under the radar.

5.0 Coyote is proven and should be an option in the 4 door Bronco (but it doesn’t support Ford’s Ecoboom / Hybrid direction)

Has Ford released a statement referencing the Coyote doesn’t fit in the 4 door Bronco?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I don't think people see the vision that Ford executives, decision-makers, and engineers have for the Godzilla motor. It will be clearer in the future.

I don't see Ford allowing the coyote in a mid-size truck/SUV. I'd love it if it were to happen. But like mentioned, I think we would be lucky enough to see the 3.5 in it at some point. In the last several decades, Ford has not followed GM or Dodge with big motors in everything. I don't see that changing. But it's not like we are hurting with the ecoboost offerings.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I don't think people see the vision that Ford executives, decision-makers, and engineers have for the Godzilla motor. It will be clearer in the future.

I don't see Ford allowing the coyote in a mid-size truck/SUV. I'd love it if it were to happen. But like mentioned, I think we would be lucky enough to see the 3.5 in it at some point. In the last several decades, Ford has not followed GM or Dodge with big motors in everything. I don't see that changing. But it's not like we are hurting with the ecoboost offerings.

The 7.3 is targeted for the medium and heavy duty “F” and “E” class vehicle line up

Wouldn’t you agree Ford is focusing on Ecoboost, but more relevant the electrified vehicles as it moves to the future

ragingclue

What's a "Super Bowl"?
TCG Premium
Dec 19, 2013
I'm not really in the "it needs 1k HP" camp with vehicles like these. Loved my buddy's 4.0 TJ and my old Disco for what they were, but adding that much pah to something like that is kinda scary to me. Or maybe I just don't see myself as a responsible enough person not to flip it every couple days even when not being too much of a Kyle. This should be more stable and heavier than those platforms though, so maybe it does make sense, I don't know... Eager to read Bru's take once he gets it.

Also as far as 5.0 vs 7.3 in a vehicle like this (both overkill IMO but I have small balls), I'd take the 7.3 for simplicity and sizes' sake as well as torque curve.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I'm not really in the "it needs 1k HP" camp with vehicles like these. Loved my buddy's 4.0 TJ and my old Disco for what they were, but adding that much pah to something like that is kinda scary to me. Or maybe I just don't see myself as a responsible enough person not to flip it every couple days even when not being too much of a Kyle. This should be more stable and heavier than those platforms though, so maybe it does make sense, I don't know... Eager to read Bru's take once he gets it.

Also as far as 5.0 vs 7.3 in a vehicle like this (both overkill IMO but I have small balls), I'd take the 7.3 for simplicity and size's sake as well as torque curve.

Very well put.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
1594771854438.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info