Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

whatttttuppp 15-20 years ago GM putting 4L60e's in e v e r y t h i n g

:rofl:

An extra slap in the face comes in the guise of the Blue Oval’s undercover Bronco community, the Bronco Nation, which assures everyone that “the 10R60 [is] plenty robust.” I beg to differ, especially in combination with the 2.7-liter EcoBoost twin-turbo V6 and the 35-inch Goodyear rubber shoes.

10R60 stands for 10 forward ratios, rear- and all-wheel drive, as well as a maximum capacity of 600 Nm (443 pound-feet) of torque. The six-cylinder engine develops up to 563 Nm (415 pound-feet) of torque, which is very close to the automatic transmission’s limit. As for the 10R80 of the Ranger, 800 Nm (590 pound-feet) and 420 Nm (310 pound-feet) seem more like it.

The Bronco Nation waxes lyrical about efficiency, trying to discredit the 10R80 in comparison to the 10R60, which is a bunch of nonsense if you take a look over the EPA ratings. More specifically, the combined fuel economy tops 21 miles per gallon (11.2 liters per 100 kilometers) while the F-150 with 4WD and the 2.7-liter EcoBoost also manages up to 21 miles to the gallon.

Last time I’ve checked the specifications of the Bronco and F-150 for the 2021 model year, the mid-size SUV was lighter than the full-size pickup. As for maximum towing capacities, guess what? The Ranger, which is based on the T6 platform that rolled out in 2011, can pull 7,500 pounds (3,402 kilograms) while the Bronco offers 3,500 pounds (1,588 kilograms).

What grinds my gears the most is how the Bronco Nation, which controls the Bronco narrative thanks to shadow backing from the Ford Motor Company, defends the 10R60 transmission without mentioning why the Bronco received the 10R60 in the first place. As you know from the first paragraph, it’s cheaper than the 10R80 because it’s not as beefy as the 10R80.

Reactions: Rent Free

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Cool to see the results. Especially since torque is only off 6-7% with the big wheels & tires on the Sasquatch package.

I'm more interested in the linked article about wind noise. Mirrors and hood/grill making whistling noise over 30 mph? Ford says to take the gap between the grill and hood for now. Will an update fix both issues? Interesting to see what happens in the future.

It is weird that new vehicles have wind noises and wind buffering inside cars. It seems like issues that could be verified and corrected in the wind tunnels and thousand of miles of road testing.

Ford TSB
ca0d1662-4810-49aa-a1f5-2fb02467b49c-jpeg.150434

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
Idk if it’s been touched on as I didn’t read, but the biggest hold up right now on them is the hard tops. My parents ordered an Oxford white 4 door. 2.7 10-speed Sasquatch package hard top last July, They will not take delivery before Jan of 2022 from what it sounds like now, and they are in the first 20% of orders to be fulfilled.

• Wow
Reactions: P40E

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Is the interior better than the Jeep's interior? That's kind of what I'm curious about. I've never been super impressed with a Wrangler Interior.

On the powertrain I'm kind of surprised. With the Jeeps (at least the Gladiators) if you wanted to get good axles you had to buy a Max Tow or a Rubicon to get it. Ford could have likely offered a "HD" package that included that extra stuff but it sounds like they're into the profit margins instead of that at this point. I'd be curious if the axles vary across the trims at all. If it really comes with 35s stock then that's gotta be some pretty decent sticks underneath anyways or we'll see high failure rates from people who actually attempt to use these as off roading vehicles.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Idk if it’s been touched on as I didn’t read, but the biggest hold up right now on them is the hard tops. My parents ordered an Oxford white 4 door. 2.7 10-speed Sasquatch package hard top last July, They will not take delivery before Jan of 2022 from what it sounds like now, and they are in the first 20% of orders to be fulfilled.

Ford has been pretty open sharing that they are having problems with the supplier of the hardtops.

Sadly, it seems there are reports of the hardtops creaking and popping when driven. Makes you wonder if the two are tied together to the delay or what. But sad to hear that the top makes a lot of noise.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info