Ford Bronco is back: It's official

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
What's with manufacturers and doing weird things with short test cars recently??

mercedes-amg-test-mule-spy-photo.jpg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Ghost.

Fords a mess. Ill believe this when it hits dealer showrooms about as likely as that supposed next GT500
Wrong
I wouldnt get my hopes up on the Bronco. Itll end up as a wimpy CUV Blazer competitor. :rofl:
Wrong again...lol

God I hope that's just a power/drivetrain mule :vomit:
"the Bronco mule wears light camo over a cobbled-together Ranger T6 body"
I hope they update the interior. The Rangers dash, shifter, screen, gauges all look a decade old already (because most of it was around a decade ago).
Seriously. Nothing like bringing out a new vehicle that needs a refresh as soon as it hits the showroom...lol

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a28183602/ford-bronco-2-3-liter-4-cylinder-ecoboost-engine/

Aside from a few nonspecific leaks and a handful of camouflaged spy photos, Ford has done a commendable job of keeping a lid on the precise details pertaining to the new Ford Bronco. The latest tidbit to emerge comes by way of the Off-Road.com, which discovered a listing for the 2021 Bronco on the online parts-lookup tool of retailer Canadian Tire.

Discovered by first selecting the 2021 model year and then specifying "Ford Trucks," the configurator defaults to the only available model, listed as the 2021 Ford Bronco. Taken at face value, this confirms that at least one of the Bronco's available engines will be a DOHC 2.3-liter inline-four. Specifically, the lookup info for spark plugs, for instance, states "2021 FORD TRUCK BRONCO, 4-140 2.3L DOHC."

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
God Damn It!!!!!

I want a fucking 2 door, not 4!
You, and all the other people that'll never buy a new bronco. Just like how everyone wants wagons until it times to cut a check.

Nobody that's actually buying these wants a 2 door. You'd really want to take your family of 4 grocery shopping with a 2 door SUV? Sounds like first world torture to me. Lol
looks great.

came into this thread thinking "a touch bigger 4runner that can tow more" is what i want to see.

and that looks like what we'd get. :nutz:

Seriously this. They could literally copy the 4runner almost exactly, change like 2 minor body lines for good measure, give it a good engine and transmission (unlike the dinosaur 4.0/5sp in the 4runner), make it tow 6k, and i'd LOVE this thing

Gotta have some good color options too though

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I'd say, at best, it'd get the 2.7 EB with ~350 HP in something analogous to a Raptor

I agree, but their main target for this is probably the 4runner which sells great with 270hp, a 5 speed that's been around forever, and no tech (not even collision avoidance). Doesn't take much to beat that, and Ferd surely doesn't want to price themselves out of market

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I agree, but their main target for this is probably the 4runner which sells great with 270hp, a 5 speed that's been around forever, and no tech (not even collision avoidance). Doesn't take much to beat that, and Ferd surely doesn't want to price themselves out of market

The Wrangler too...which I believe, at best, also only ever made 280 HP. Gearing and torque more important than high horsepower. But then again, the EB V6's make great low end torque

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
You, and all the other people that'll never buy a new bronco. Just like how everyone wants wagons until it times to cut a check.

Nobody that's actually buying these wants a 2 door. You'd really want to take your family of 4 grocery shopping with a 2 door SUV? Sounds like first world torture to me. Lol

Seriously this. They could literally copy the 4runner almost exactly, change like 2 minor body lines for good measure, give it a good engine and transmission (unlike the dinosaur 4.0/5sp in the 4runner), make it tow 6k, and i'd LOVE this thing

Gotta have some good color options too though

My wife does the grocery shopping. 75% of the time I’m in my car it’s by myself. Would have no problem putting kids in the back of a 2 door if it’s got some type of rear seat room. Think k5 blazer or 2 door Tahoe.

And for wagons, my Venza is pretty much a Camry wagon.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I had a 1989 Bronco II XLT, two tone blue over silver. Really miss it. Was a great size, easy to get in and out of. Simple push button 4x4 and Low-Range. Decent mileage with the 2.9 V6 and went quite well in the snow. Draw backs were the short wheelbase making it tippy and that it rode on car tires and couldn’t get LT’s in the stock size.

if I could find a pristine example today I’d buy one. Damn midwest winters and road salt rusted it away to nothing.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
p4g42asc3wunuyz56bgw.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info