đź“° Auto News Ford and Tesla Charging Partnership

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Oh absolutely. Just saying you can imagine how pissed these Tesla guys get at it.
For sure. I'd blow my top if I planned a trip around charging being available and needing to wait around for a half hour or longer just to get one because some moron took the wrong handle. It's not necessarily a reason why I wouldn't buy an EV but a bigger issue nonetheless.

I considered getting an EV for my wife as a commuter, but there weren't any for which I could justify paying the up front premium. Is it realistic to say that we could have used one strictly for a half hour/23mile each way commute with some around town errands and only charge at home? It seems like the most practical way to use one if you have a hybrid or ice to use for longer trips and hauling stuff. Some of the public charging prices seem pretty steep.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
EVs are absolutely best served for daily commutes. The Supercharger network is just there so you can still take those trips if needed, but it's by no means the way you should regularly charge. The amount of people on the Tesla FB groups that say "I live in an apartment and can't charge at home, is it worth it?" is crazy. Why are you buying a $50k car if you are renting an apartment? Why would you even consider an EV if you can't charge at home. Supercharger rates are like 3-5x the cost of power at home. You lose so much value doing that.

If you don't care about size of vehicle or AWD or anything, the lowest tier Model 3 RWD is only $40k. And you get a $3750 tax incentive for that one too. If you compare it to something like a Camry, it's obvious a lot more expensive but I think there's a lot of value for what you get in the 3/Y.

Reactions: v6buicks

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

GM on board now too.

Lolz

Is it a safe assumption that these 3rd party charging stations are as shitty as everyone online makes them out to be? CCS is basically dead now it seems.

1686331471950.png
Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock

There’s a question? Talk about tone deaf to their customer feedback

There’s only 2 groups of people who don’t want this:
1) longtime Tesla owners who are afraid their private network will get too busy
2) Elon haters who cannot stand to see him succeed and will accept a shittier product just to see him fail

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
There’s a question? Talk about tone deaf to their customer feedback

There’s only 2 groups of people who don’t want this:
1) longtime Tesla owners who are afraid their private network will get too busy
2) Elon haters who cannot stand to see him succeed and will accept a shittier product just to see him fail

They want to make sure no one could take the charger connector and use it to start their cars and drive off Kia Boyz style. ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info