For those without kids, do you regret not having any?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I feel like I've made this thread before but whatever. I'm gonna be 41 this year. And while I'm perfectly fine not having kids (my sister's kids are more than enough and I can peace out when they annoy me)....I do wonder if that will be a big regret of mine when I'm old and forgetting my name. Anyone else wonder the same?

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I'll quote the bae.

"I don't want to in fear of fucking them up like my parents did me"

I'm too selfish for kids. I'm glad we haven't.

There are talks of possibly adopting later on in life, which when we are somewhat more settled may seem like a better option.

Kinda like breeding dogs. Why do that when there are so many others out there that need your help.

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Not even 30 yet so unsure if my opinion matters, but majority of my friends are starting to settle down and start families.

My fiancee' and I are in agreements we don't want kids. DINK for life.

Hustling Dave Chappelle GIF

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I think the sentiment here will vary greatly with age. I don't really think a guy starts to even contemplate this until they're in at least their mid 30's, and even then it's not a huge deal because a dude can always date someone younger. Regret doesn't seem like it would set in until mid 40's or older (if at all, obv it will vary by person)

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I feel like I've made this thread before but whatever. I'm gonna be 41 this year. And while I'm perfectly fine not having kids (my sister's kids are more than enough and I can peace out when they annoy me)....I do wonder if that will be a big regret of mine when I'm old and forgetting my name. Anyone else wonder the same?
Can always be a big brother

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I think the sentiment here will vary greatly with age. I don't really think a guy starts to even contemplate this until they're in at least their mid 30's, and even then it's not a huge deal because a dude can always date someone younger. Regret doesn't seem like it would set in until mid 40's or older (if at all, obv it will vary by person)
If I inherit a step kid, that's totally cool. But I think, for me, I'm past wanting to start a family in my 40s.

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I'll be 37 this year with no ragrets. DINK life. Our dogs are our children. My sister and SIL just had their first child, we will be the cool childless aunt/uncle that will spoil their kids instead.

My wife is only 34, she is focusing on her career, and our goal is early retirement. These last fucked up years have made me reflect deeply on this. We still have time to change our minds, but its unlikely.

Reactions: Jon01

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
You KIND of do but ya, youve been living the dream.
Yep, GF has 2. They are cool, but I am in no way responsible for them. And she does an excellent job of not putting any "kid" pressure on me. It's why we work so well. I'm just the fun guy!

Plus I can just escape to my house if they start getting to me......lol

IZZy

Wheel and tire tycoon
Dec 15, 2007
Even people that have kids have told me that if you are in anyway doubtful about having them then you shouldn’t do it, it’s a labor of love and sacrifice not to mention how much it costs to raise a child nowadays.

I’m sure the rewards from having kids come later in life once you see them grow up and become adults and parents themselves.

Personally I am at a point in my life where it doesn’t make any sense to have children, that part of my life has come and gone, will I have regrets? Perhaps but I will also have great memories of things I was able to accomplish because I didn’t have children.

Reactions: DEEZUZ and Caleb515
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info