• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

For those of you on stock bottom ends w/ forced induction..

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
RD SNAKE said:
Mikey, Your not going to like what im going to tell you but....I belive those supercharger's run off engine oil, basicly when you pop your engine you send all of that metal and crap thur the s/c and it works the other way around. Id send out the blower to get it checked out. I wouldn't want to cash a new engine.

Kevin

Kevin, can you give me a call.. 847-553-8173. Thanks!

The blower should be fine. The oil has to go through the oil filter and then through the screen in the nozzle before it gets into the blower. He has broken pistons and a possible rod knock. Clean the S/C inside and out with brake clean the flush some oil into the oil inlet and blowout the oil spray nozzle with air and brake clean look for metal shavings in the nozzle

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
95trippleblackconv said:
The blower should be fine. The oil has to go through the oil filter and then through the screen in the nozzle before it gets into the blower. He has broken pistons and a possible rod knock. Clean the S/C inside and out with brake clean the flush some oil into the oil inlet and blowout the oil spray nozzle with air and brake clean look for metal shavings in the nozzle

I'll check it out and do that. thanks!

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Here are some more pics from the tear down.

DSC05915.jpg

DSC05917.jpg

DSC05918.jpg

DSC05919.jpg

DSC05920.jpg

DSC05921.jpg

DSC05923.jpg

DSC05924.jpg

DSC05926.jpg

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
VenomInside said:
Here are some more pics from the tear down.

DSC05915.jpg

DSC05917.jpg

DSC05918.jpg

DSC05919.jpg

DSC05920.jpg

DSC05921.jpg

DSC05923.jpg

DSC05924.jpg

DSC05926.jpg

I see that you still have the IMRC plates. When I had my 97 Cobra I went thru and bought the IMRC eliminators plates and ended up porting them out quite a bit. They came from Ford Racing and Im not sure if they still offer them but if you can track down a set with that blower setup you would be happy with the results. ;) I had every bolt on known to man on that car and could tell a difference...I was always too chicken to throw a blower on her because of the bottom end

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Dragon03 said:
I see that you still have the IMRC plates. When I had my 97 Cobra I went thru and bought the IMRC eliminators plates and ended up porting them out quite a bit. They came from Ford Racing and Im not sure if they still offer them but if you can track down a set with that blower setup you would be happy with the results. ;) I had every bolt on known to man on that car and could tell a difference...I was always too chicken to throw a blower on her because of the bottom end

Yea i kow the butterfly off the controller was sticking before but it was fixed. I minus well just delete em. But that is if i decide to stay with this motor ;)

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
Dragon03 said:
I see that you still have the IMRC plates. When I had my 97 Cobra I went thru and bought the IMRC eliminators plates and ended up porting them out quite a bit. They came from Ford Racing and Im not sure if they still offer them but if you can track down a set with that blower setup you would be happy with the results.

I am pretty sure Ford Racing does not make these any more. When I had my '97, I was considering these as well. If you do decide to go that route Mikey, you will have to find them used. Shane97Cobra found me a couple sets for sale on some of the various mustang boards.

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
BlaqSnake said:
I am pretty sure Ford Racing does not make these any more. When I had my '97, I was considering these as well. If you do decide to go that route Mikey, you will have to find them used. Shane97Cobra found me a couple sets for sale on some of the various mustang boards.

Thats kinda what I figured Im sure if you had your heart set on it and couldnt track down a set you could have a shop somewhere fabricate something for you.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
BlaqSnake said:

Thanks dave. I actually called shane yesterday cause i was having a fuel issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info