For the tuners who want a reasonable WB o2

No big deal, just seen one in car at work,

It worked pretty good and came from the maker of the sensor, not saying AEM is bad but in past had several issues with buddy and his mustang, AEM pcm went shit and they gave us run around for 6 months before admitting they had bad batch of injector drivers and fixing it. We built an MS3 and never looked back. New owner hasn't had issues but like I said I just found it thought it looked like decent piece.

Handsome Jesus

A V6? What a ripoff...
TCG Premium
Jun 9, 2007
Carpentersville, IL
Having the NTK sensor is a big benefit over the AEM even if using the Bosch 4.9 sensor.

Particularly if the user is running leaded race fuel.

This looks like a good alternative to the older (and now unavailable) Powerdex AFX module that is touted as the best all around setup for accuracy of readings. I believe Ballenger motorsports now sells the Powerdex or a slightly different version of it.

AEM is cheap and easy to use, with no calibration requirement. Instruments are only as good as their calibration.

TurboTPI

Regular
Jan 23, 2018
Bensenville, Il
I also have the AEM that b4black posted, i'm not entirely convinced its very accurate, but i'm sure its close enough to catch any issues going on with the car. Mine reads between 14.9-15.5 at idle. It never goes to 14.7 at idle. I feel like it reads .5 leaner than it actually is. Shouldn't it fluctuate between 14.4-15.0 at idle? My Firebird does atleast. I have an innovate wide band it that car.

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
Most engines maintain stoich at cruise better than idle. Idle is tricky. Check you wideband at 2000 rpm light throttle cruise.

Doesn't need to be super accurate, just consistent. You are going to check your WOT AFR then makes adjustments from there. You'll find a number your car likes and you know that will likely be different than other cars.

The AEM gauge will display lambda. You may find that a better scale to work off of if you going to ever change fuels (like E85). 14.7 is pure gasoline and you're not actually using that. Lambda set stoich at 1 - lean above, rich below. Same scale for all fuels.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Most engines maintain stoich at cruise better than idle. Idle is tricky. Check you wideband at 2000 rpm light throttle cruise.

Doesn't need to be super accurate, just consistent. You are going to check your WOT AFR then makes adjustments from there. You'll find a number your car likes and you know that will likely be different than other cars.

This is spot on. I learned this the hard way. I have been trying to get rid of an idle surge in my '90 Mustang for over a year. I finally figured out that it was going into closed loop at idle and trying to maintain a target AFR. It kept adding and pulling fuel trying to reach the target, but of course caused an idle surge. Once I realized that, I changed the closed loop settings so the engine is just running off of the base fuel map at idle. Once I did that and adjusted the base map a little bit, my car idles perfectly.

I use the innovate MTX-L for my wideband cit seems comparable to the AEM bit works fine for me and is always close to what my Holley EFI system logs.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info