For the Pontiac's:Pontiac Tribute Day - June 1, 2010

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Received this today from our local Fiero club and am just passing it along:
At a meeting of the Midwest Fiero Clubs (the association of Pontiac Fiero clubs in Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan and Indiana) this past week, we came up with a brainstorm that we need your assistance with.

Although GM has decided to discontinue the Pontiac marque, I know we are all still very proud of our Pontiacs. As a salute of appreciation to General Motors for the years of Pontiac excitement they gave to us, we are promoting Tuesday, June 1, 2010, as "Pontiac Tribute Day". All we ask is that you drive and enjoy your Pontiac on this day, whatever it may be - old, new, G6, GP or GTO - let's show GM how much we appreciate all of the excitement they have brought to our lives! This event may grow into possible cruise nights and car shows highlighting Pontiac - the creativity in promoting this is up to everyone.

We need your help in promoting Pontiac Tribute Day so we can get the word out nationwide and possibly even worldwide with this idea. Please promote this as far as you can through other individuals and clubs you know about, through websites, phone calls, emails, etc. We have just under one year to watch this grow!

Thank you for your support.

Jim Hallman, President
Northern Illinois Fiero Enthusiasts, Inc.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Just so folks know May 31st 2010 is also the last day many dealerships can sell "Pontiac's". Reichert's is rumored to be having an all day BBQ on June 1st 2010 as a big finale.

really, cuz i have worked there for over 4 years and i havent heard about this BBQ..... unless you are thinking of the Corvette show we have every summer

not to mention we are open til October, 2010

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
I didn't say the dealership was closing on that date, May 31st 2010 is being mentioned around GM as the last day they can sell Pontiacs under the franchise license. Meaning GM is looking to officially end the Pontiac nameplate on May 31 2010.

As for the BBQ, It is in discussion with some of the folks from the Illinois POCI group promoting the Pontiac Tribute Day and Reichert's. Hence why at present it is a "rumor".
It has nothing to do with the Corvette show.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info