For 20 million, would you live in an empty cabin for a year

Would you / could you do this?

• Total voters

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
While I don't disagree with you, you seem to underestimate how strong of an immune system I, and I'm sure many others, have. I'm serious. Shredded my foot from glass in the FOx, had sticks stab the fuck out of me, etc.

I was installing a light bar on my truck a couple weeks ago and smashed my forehead on the hook for the hood and cut my head open pretty good. 1/2"-3/4" gash almost down to the bone. It's completely healed up and fine now. Only a bandaid and bacitracin on it. When I was a kid, I was one of those guys with the pedals on his BMX that had huge steel studs to grip your feet in mud. I jumped over something, lost my footing, and proceeded to rip a 3" gash in my shin down to the bone. Never got it sewed up and just kept it covered with a wrap and anti-biotics and it healed up, barring the giant scar I have.

Honestly if I were going to die, it would either be from pneumonia or an animal attack. Which both are extremely likely.
yup

• YAHOO, MOTHERFUCKER!
Reactions: Chester Copperpot

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Independence Day Hello GIF

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I'll even take that a step further and say our immune system would still be strong but how strong would it last with the reduction of quality/nutritional food?

But no, hungry animals definitely going to eat your face off first before you would succumb to an infection.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
When I was younger I would have said yes without hesitation because I was dumb and arrogant. I'm an Eagle Scout with a fuck ton of different camping experiences. We camped in caves, snow, heat, storms, and even on the water. That only provides me very basic fire building, cooking, and rope skills that I still possess and a tiny bit of hair on my chest. There are not enough resources on the list of rules for the $20M to change my mind. It's only a death sentence. It's not a chance at big money. The same is true for just about everyone here.

If we could choose a group of people to split the agony AND the money with, I'd say maybe.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
When I was younger I would have said yes without hesitation because I was dumb and arrogant. I'm an Eagle Scout with a fuck ton of different camping experiences. We camped in caves, snow, heat, storms, and even on the water. That only provides me very basic fire building, cooking, and rope skills that I still possess and a tiny bit of hair on my chest. There are not enough resources on the list of rules for the $20M to change my mind. It's only a death sentence. It's not a chance at big money. The same is true for just about everyone here.

If we could choose a group of people to split the agony AND the money with, I'd say maybe.
Good to hear someone with actual experience saying it's likely not doable. What do you think is the most likely cause(s) of death in this situation?

v6buicks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 22, 2018
Franklin, IN
Real Name
Jon
Good to hear someone with actual experience saying it's likely not doable. What do you think is the most likely cause(s) of death in this situation?
I wouldn't say I'm even experienced. Wilderness survival was hardly practiced in scouts. Even when it was, the motto was always "be prepared". I was able to bring as much shit as I could carry on my back plus whatever I was wearing and we were never gone more than a week. I would definitely die from dehydration, starvation, or some sort of illness in this scenario. I have never hunted let alone processed any meat. That's a huge downfall. I could probably fish for a while but it wouldn't be enough and I've never needed to preserve it. I would need to spend my seven days in target practice (with a spear because the amount of bullets is too risky) and a place that processes deer or something.

Going vegetarian just means being dead sooner in this scenario. You won't get the nutrition or energy you need.

There is huge strength in numbers IF you have a diverse set of relevant skills and teamwork. This is always the cringey part in Naked and Afraid. Nobody ever seems to work well together but you know... Hollywood.

Thread Info