Foods U never tried/will never try/hated it/tried it

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Travelling all over the world has exposed me to a lot of bizarre foods. Ate dog several times now in China, actually ate some there last week and it was decent. Also have had raw liver and raw chicken in Japan. Ate bugs a couple times now (looked like cicadas that were deep fried in spicy oil, not too bad), century eggs (google these - I think they're disgusting), tons of inside parts of cows and pigs including windpipe, aorta, intestines. Korean places are usually good for this kind of stuff. Also have had sheep brains. Drink enough baijiu and you will be surprised with what you will eat. :rofl:

Basically too many strange things to list.

Here's a shot of a page in a menu of a place I go to once in a while.

IMG_6283_zpsrt0a3zbh.jpg~original

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
it's surprising how much dog a more developed country like south korea eats. apparently they are often even tortured under the thought it makes the meat better? so gross.

you've tried eating a lot more weird shit than me traveling. i'm just hungry and going to eat whatever i like at this point. which is not going to be windpipe

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
It's important to understand that in Asia it's very common to have family style meals and which consist of many different kinds of dishes served and shared as a group. Eating some of this bizarre stuff may mean just taking a few bites. I don't think anyone is ordering a big plate of dog or 'parts around ears' and chowing down on that until they are full.

Furthermore on the dog - there are certainly some ethical concerns that arise. I'm not a huge fan and have never specifically asked for it. Typically it arrives at the table as a surprise. If someone didn't tell you what it was you would not know what you were eating. What has been explained to me is that the dogs they use for food are raised like other farm animals. These are not people's pets abducted and then slaughtered for food.

I know that to many people it doesn't matter but then you start to get on the PETA argument slippery slope. There are a lot of tasty animals that I won't give a second thought to eating everyday and if China or Korea wants to eat dogs then that's their business.

Also keep in mind that their idea of food and accessibility to that food is a lot different than what we are used to. They sell live frogs and snakes and etc at Walmart in China.

Some randoms from China:

IMG_0973_zpszeuujk2k.jpg~original

IMG_0994_zpsrwdgssts.jpg~original

IMG_0993_zps9lcpezcv.jpg~original

IMG_0990_zps38g8iyht.jpg~original

IMG_1217_zpszci8ice5.jpg~original

IMG_1218_zpsticrygqs.jpg~original

IMG_1188_zpsi75q68jw.jpg~original

IMG_0756_zpsuuzvhxea.jpg~original

IMG_0713_zpsshfrosni.jpg~original

IMG_0616_zpsxl8mim23.jpg~original

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info