3800 fog lights keep burning out

frankenstinesy

Regular
Nov 14, 2008
my foglights keep burning out and i havne't had them for very long. i bought silverstars approx 4 months ago and the left one went out about a month ago and i just noticed that the right went out. i don't wana have to keep buying new bulbs each time this happens. do you know of any causes for this. i bought my silverstar headlights before the fogs and both are still working properly. are the blazertechs worth the money, and how hard is it to install them?

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
are you sure they burnt out? are you sure you dont have a loose connection? right now on my leftside of my fog light keeps going out becuase of some loose wiring. When it gets warmer I have to see where it is loose or maybe I might have to tape it up some more. I would check and see if nothing is loose inside the bulb connection.

Good luck!

Dream

Addict
Nov 20, 2008
Joliet, IL
Blazertechs aren't too expensive....around 66 bucks shipped if I remember correctly.....and I don't think they are too much of a pain to install, especially if you get the msp brackets, which are like 40 bucks....not 100% sure on prices but 3800performance.com has them. But I'd check your wiring like Fredo said first before spending any money.

mybluegtp

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Burbank
Originally posted by rjaz gtp@Jan 21 2005, 07:21 AM
I have to see where it is loose or maybe I might have to tape it up some more

Tape :eek: ...Fredo bring it over and we will solder it, then it will never come loose!
[snapback]68348[/snapback]​

I meant the wires that run down from where ever to my BT's. I always have to move the wire around in order for the light to work. Who knows it could be something that i need to solder.... I'll keep you in mind Rich.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I remember reading that Silverstar fog bulbs (893, or 883 not sure which maybe both) were made in such a poor way, that they would fail every few months. I already went through a set of 893's on my Regal, and am now going to use BMW Hella housings, pending I can fab up a way to mount them. :angry:

Send them to Sylvania if there isnt any sign that the bulb failed because of the housing, and they should replace them. Better then buying $20 bulbs. I have 6 bulbs that Silverstar bulbs that Sylvania is getting from me. They were supposed to make an updated version that fixed this "problem" but I guess they didnt pull thru.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info