3800 Fog light question

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
Jack up front end of car. (easier to reach bulbs. and get leverage)

You will feel a wire harness where the bulb attaches inside the housing. You will turn counterclockwise on it and than pull out. Than just lift the tabs and pull out bulb. and reinsert with new bulb.

No insert harness be sure to line it up. You will notice it has three prongs. this needs to line up to the housing. in order for it to lock back in to place. This is where you need some leverage to turn it clockwise back in.. And thats it..

F

fastcash

Originally posted by alexgtp@Feb 9 2005, 07:37 AM
Jack up front end of car. (easier to reach bulbs. and get leverage)

You will feel a wire harness where the bulb attaches inside the housing. You will turn counterclockwise on it and than pull out. Than just lift the tabs and pull out bulb. and reinsert with new bulb.

No insert harness be sure to line it up. You will notice it has three prongs. this needs to line up to the housing. in order for it to lock back in to place. This is where you need some leverage to turn it clockwise back in.. And thats it..
[snapback]70765[/snapback]​

cool, thanks. so do i have to unscrew the bolts in the housing or no? is that just if you want to remove the mechanism?

I

imported_GraFFix

They will be brighter...what wattage are the bulbs though? You sometimes have to be carefull when putting a higher wattage bulb in there. The stock lenses on the fogs are plastic and will melt.

Ohh and about them claiming to be 1 step below HID...I lol'd :)

I dont know how much the silverstars bulbs are for the fogs, but if there anything like the headlights ($20 each) you could just get the blazertechs for $30-50 (ebay) or the cyberwhites from walmart for $30 and their going to be brighter then the silverstars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• F
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list