• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Fog light question

F

fastcash

how do i install new bulbs into my 1998 gtp fog lights?

alexgtp

Reaction score
Jack up front end of car. (easier to reach bulbs. and get leverage)

You will feel a wire harness where the bulb attaches inside the housing. You will turn counterclockwise on it and than pull out. Than just lift the tabs and pull out bulb. and reinsert with new bulb.

No insert harness be sure to line it up. You will notice it has three prongs. this needs to line up to the housing. in order for it to lock back in to place. This is where you need some leverage to turn it clockwise back in.. And thats it..

F

fastcash

Originally posted by alexgtp@Feb 9 2005, 07:37 AM
Jack up front end of car. (easier to reach bulbs. and get leverage)

You will feel a wire harness where the bulb attaches inside the housing. You will turn counterclockwise on it and than pull out. Than just lift the tabs and pull out bulb. and reinsert with new bulb.

No insert harness be sure to line it up. You will notice it has three prongs. this needs to line up to the housing. in order for it to lock back in to place. This is where you need some leverage to turn it clockwise back in.. And thats it..
[snapback]70765[/snapback]​

cool, thanks. so do i have to unscrew the bolts in the housing or no? is that just if you want to remove the mechanism?

alexgtp

Reaction score
NO you leave the fog light housing in tact. just remove the bulb.
NO tools are needed.

F

fastcash

oh yeah, i bought siverstrz, are they going to be noticable different, ie brighter? they are not hid, but claim to be 1 step under.

alexgtp

Reaction score
NO.. they are not brighter.
Make sure you are using the correct bulb i.e. wattage sice. They make 2 bulbs in different wattages that fit out cars. 35 and 55. We use 35 w..

They will however be whiter.

I

imported_GraFFix

They will be brighter...what wattage are the bulbs though? You sometimes have to be carefull when putting a higher wattage bulb in there. The stock lenses on the fogs are plastic and will melt.

Ohh and about them claiming to be 1 step below HID...I lol'd :)

I dont know how much the silverstars bulbs are for the fogs, but if there anything like the headlights ($20 each) you could just get the blazertechs for $30-50 (ebay) or the cyberwhites from walmart for $30 and their going to be brighter then the silverstars.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom