• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Focus RS at Nurburgring

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
That sure seems like a fun little car. I wonder why in the hell they dont at least offer it here.

What does it even cost?

It would have been too expensive. The Focus (and hatchbacks in general) over there is seen as a slightly upmarket vehicle, offering features and refinement Americans wouldn't pay for. Hatches are also incredibly unpopular here as well. That car would have cost probably around 30k if brought here.

Plus Ford always likes to give the shaft to American consumers that don't want the Mustang as a performance vehicle. Ford has always hamstrung its vehicles as to not come too close to the Mustangs performance. Little do they realize the two separate markets barely cross shop the two and bringing both over would not eat into one or the others sales.

The next generation will be a truly global platform so we may see another performance Focus, but I will believe it when i see it in the showroom.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
I'd take mine in White or Blue. ST wing swap, take the little fender vents off, exhaust, tune, done.

2009_Ford-Focus-RS-White_01.jpg

ford-focus-rs-blue.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info