• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Focus Not Starting right?

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
any engine codes? maybe the fuel pump?

my first thought was battery but i wouldnt think modulating the pedal would help if u had a bad battery.

Nope no codes at all

hmm I hope if its the fuel pump thats under my warranty lol haha...but i seriously thought i was gunna need a tow cuz i was cranking on it on and off for like 2-3 min before it wanted to start.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Nope no codes at all

hmm I hope if its the fuel pump thats under my warranty lol haha...but i seriously thought i was gunna need a tow cuz i was cranking on it on and off for like 2-3 min before it wanted to start.

i mean, thats what i think it is, im no expert tech by any means ( :lmao: ) but that what my csvt did when my fuel pump went...

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
i mean, thats what i think it is, im no expert tech by any means ( :lmao: ) but that what my csvt did when my fuel pump went...

Ill be so mad Im dont wanna spend anymore money, all i have is a deductable with the warranty but ive had to replace the following recently

thermostat housing
powersteering pump
clutch master cyl.
tensioner pulley
ideler pulley
tires

I just wanna save so i cant finally have Kurgan tune my car :( lol

All in all i cant complain this has been a fantastic car next to what my DSM put me through and all i have had to do is general maintenance on it

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
Run Motorcraft ones.

I have to change mine out and STILL have to get the car re-tuned (no free time). Mine's running like complete ass also, and it needs alignment and tires BAD.

yea ill prolly get those tomorrow then

mines not running like crap just that weird starting problem? otherwise it runs amazing!

my cars outa alignment again and i got it re aligned like 4 months ago, i think its the nature of the beast with our suspention...

I have tires for sale in the for sale section :biggthump

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
yea ill prolly get those tomorrow then

mines not running like crap just that weird starting problem? otherwise it runs amazing!

my cars outa alignment again and i got it re aligned like 4 months ago, i think its the nature of the beast with our suspention...

I have tires for sale in the for sale section :biggthump

I saw those, I just need more of an all season tire though. Summer time after the GTI is on the road I'm looking to focus on the Focus. Between school and work and other stuff I can't have the car down long enough to fix the little things.

Here's hoping the plugs work out for you :biggthump Try cleaning your TB while your at it too.

svtfoci

Regular
Feb 1, 2006
does the car start when you hold it all the way to the floor. i would say most ;likely your idle air control has gone south.when it does start do the rpms increase to about a grand or does it just idle normal in the 700 range.
here is another test for you
The engine is hard to start at times. The fuel pressure has been checked and is good as the problem occurs. There are no codes set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). We have been unable to verify the complaint.
Tests/Procedures: 1. As the problem occurs, monitor the Check engine light to verify it goes off during cranking.

2. If the Check engine light stays on cranking, this is a sign that the PCM is not receiving a good signal form the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP).

3. If the light does go off cranking, have the customer depress the accelerator pedal just a tad bit. This will allow air to enter the engine and by-pass the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC).

4. If the engine starts with the accelerator depressed, suspect a sticking IAC valve

WhtSuperStang

Jun 27, 2005
does the car start when you hold it all the way to the floor. i would say most ;likely your idle air control has gone south.when it does start do the rpms increase to about a grand or does it just idle normal in the 700 range.
here is another test for you
The engine is hard to start at times. The fuel pressure has been checked and is good as the problem occurs. There are no codes set in the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). We have been unable to verify the complaint.
Tests/Procedures: 1. As the problem occurs, monitor the Check engine light to verify it goes off during cranking.

2. If the Check engine light stays on cranking, this is a sign that the PCM is not receiving a good signal form the Crankshaft Position Sensor (CKP).

3. If the light does go off cranking, have the customer depress the accelerator pedal just a tad bit. This will allow air to enter the engine and by-pass the Idle Air Control Valve (IAC).

4. If the engine starts with the accelerator depressed, suspect a sticking IAC valve

great post thank you!

maybe it is the IAC...another thing the car does is when coming to a stop some times when i stop the rpms will stumble down to almost bogging the car out then raise right back up...could this be another symptom?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info