đź’¦ Detailing Foam Cannon questions.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Marolex has both sprayers and foamers
iK has sprayers and foamers ( both small and large ) and the new versions have an air valve to fill with a compressor in addition to the hand pump.
available on amazon and the rag company's website

solo makes sprayers and foamers, can be found on amazon
I thought about buying one of those pump foamers. I bet they work great on the wheels and tires.

The good ones aren’t cheap.

446D8D48-D3F6-4CD7-AF68-6318D7024D76.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I thought about buying one of those pump foamers. I bet they work great on the wheels and tires.

The good ones aren’t cheap.

View attachment 134464
Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Frustrated Headache GIF by Kelly Clarkson

Lol….You love Griots stuff. I like their stuff too. But the Foam pumper I posted can be used to foam up the car’s paint too. Not just tires and wheels. There’s YouTube videos tested those hand pump foamers and IK and Marolex were the best.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Lol….You love Griots stuff. I like their stuff too. But the Foam pumper I posted can be used to foam up the car’s paint too. Not just tires and wheels. There’s YouTube videos tested those hand pump foamers and IK and Marolex were the best.
You can use it on whatever you want. Go through the photos, they’re using it on the car itself. Gotta do a little looking man.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
You can use it on whatever you want. Go through the photos, they’re using it on the car itself. Gotta do a little looking man.
I know. I seen that.
I just posted that Marolex foam pumper replied to Edit. I meant I replied to Gavs.
I’m not gonna buy it for 70 bucks. Lol. Think you missed my point. I think they’re overpriced. At least that one is. There’s a Chemical Guys I thought about buying though.
I don’t even need a hand pumper. I just posted I bought a Ryobi pressure washer and it was on sale at Home Depot for 100 bucks. And I bought a nice Adams foamer to go with it.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
$9 (minus 11% rebate) at Menards. I have 3 of them for detailing.

1. P&S Brake Buster
  2. Rinseless Wash solution for use as pre-rinse or for bird bombs. Also good for wheels/tire touch up cleaning.
  3. AMMO Winter Boost. I run the cars through the local touchless in the winter, pre-rinse with this should help with corrosion. Started adding it to regular wash recently to get everything coated. https://ammonyc.com/products/boost-anti-salt

Reactions: Marko

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
$9 (minus 11% rebate) at Menards. I have 3 of them for detailing.

1. P&S Brake Buster
  2. Rinseless Wash solution for use as pre-rinse or for bird bombs. Also good for wheels/tire touch up cleaning.
  3. AMMO Winter Boost. I run the cars through the local touchless in the winter, pre-rinse with this should help with corrosion. Started adding it to regular wash recently to get everything coated. https://ammonyc.com/products/boost-anti-salt

Buy a 4th to spray your nut sacks

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I know. I seen that.
I just posted that Marolex foam pumper replied to Edit. I meant I replied to Gavs.
I’m not gonna buy it for 70 bucks. Lol. Think you missed my point. I think they’re overpriced. At least that one is. There’s a Chemical Guys I thought about buying though.
I don’t even need a hand pumper. I just posted I bought a Ryobi pressure washer and it was on sale at Home Depot for 100 bucks. And I bought a nice Adams foamer to go with it.
You're missing his point. Even with a foam cannon on a power washer, hand pump sprayers have a place. You can use them to apply prewash, wheel/tire cleaners, etc.

Reactions: blue-sun

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
You're missing his point. Even with a foam cannon on a power washer, hand pump sprayers have a place. You can use them to apply prewash, wheel/tire cleaners, etc.
I got his point. I didn’t explain myself in the first place about those are over-priced. That was my bad but no biggie.
I know what hand pump sprayers are for. And I might order that Griots one. They make good stuff.
And like you said the hand pump sprayer have a place. They’re perfect for spraying onto wheels.
I think most car wash soap and/or shampoo for foam cannons you’re supposed to not apply pre wash.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
I think most car wash soap and/or shampoo for foam cannons you’re supposed to not apply pre wash.
You think wrong. Many people use a prewash product to remove bugs and whatever else from the front end. GTechniq makes W8 Bug Remover. CarPro makes Bug-out. P&S makes Bug Off. Gyeon makes Q2M Bug&Grime. Etc. All can be applied by hand pump sprayer. Some people use a prewash on the whole vehicle. There's many ways to skin a cat and it boils down to personal preference.

For decontamination after washing, a sprayer can be used for iron remover. I can go on and on.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
You think wrong. Many people use a prewash product to remove bugs and whatever else from the front end. GTechniq makes W8 Bug Remover. CarPro makes Bug-out. P&S makes Bug Off. Gyeon makes Q2M Bug&Grime. Etc. All can be applied by hand pump sprayer. Some people use a prewash on the whole vehicle. There's many ways to skin a cat and it boils down to personal preference.

For decontamination after washing, a sprayer can be used for iron remover. I can go on and on.

I forget which thread I posted this in, but here's a theory about not pre-rinsing prior to foaming. I have in general stopped pre-rinsing and haven't really noticed a difference.

I will pre-rinse with either the rinseless solution or my AMMO Boost if the car is FILTHY and I'll usually hit the hatch of the GTI since it gets the dirtiest.

Reactions: Aron

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
I've seen that, and tried it and also not seen any difference. I don't care to be honest. I've always done a prewash on the front to loosen bugs, and I probably always will.

Like I said, many ways to skin a cat and it boils down to personal preference.
Yeah, when I have bugs or lots of road grime on the doors, I'll spray with the rinseless solution, the ammo boost or even my diluted APC solution to help loosen up the dirt before the snow foam/rinse/contact wash/final rinse.

Reactions: Aron
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info