đź’¦ Detailing Foam Cannon questions.

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
My bubbles don't seem to last very long. Is it because the paint is so slick or I just haven't figured it out yet?

20220626_161234.jpg

20220626_161245.jpg

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
This hooked to hose so that limits it some I know. But seems to get a decent output.

View attachment 124742
through a pressure washer or just a regular hose? I've had foamers for both, non-pressure washers don't give that thick blanket of foam that sticks like a pressure washer foam does.

Also, most "snow foam" soaps have you put in 1-2 oz of the snow foam and then fill up with water. Your bottle looks like it's just snow foam, so double check the soap to water ration on the bottle.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Looks like this is your foam cannon, correct?

Did you follow this instruction:

1. Fill soap solution bottle with fresh water, then add 1 - 3 oz of your favorite Chemical Guys car wash soap.
  2. Rinse car with water to remove loose debris and grime.
  3. Attach foam blaster to the quick release nozzle.
  4. Cover car with soapy foam to lift and lubricate stuck-on dirt from the surface.
  5. Proceed with 2-bucket wash method. Spray foam directly into wash mitt with every wipe for maximum lubrication. Rinse and dry.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Did the above steps. That's some left in the bottom. Filled soap to line then added water before hook up. Straight hose. No air at this time. It does a great job of lifting and removing. And I swear by it.Just dosen't look or stick like others I've seen.
thats backwards from the steps though

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Foam gun ( hose ) will require a higher soap content to make thicker suds. Foam gun = suds / bubbles.
Foam cannon ( pressure washer ) will require less soap and result in a thick lather.

The slickness of the surface will have an effect on how much "cling" there is. Shaving cream thick foam is cool for the Instagram posts but in the real world, it does not increase cleaning.

I mentioned rinseless washes in the post a recent picture of your car thread.

For a classic, lubricity and cleaning or encapsulation would be your best bet. Especially on dark paint.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Not to highjack the thread, but is there a good hand pump foam cannon / sprayer on the market?

I have 3 of these. 1 with P&S Brake Buster. 1 with a rinesless wash solution and 1 with AMMO Boost.

Not so much a hand foamer, but work good for my purposes. The hand trigger sprayers tend to break for me, these have been more robust so far.

AMMO sells a hand foamer, but I haven't tried it out yet.

Reactions: frank

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Not to highjack the thread, but is there a good hand pump foam cannon / sprayer on the market?

Marolex has both sprayers and foamers
iK has sprayers and foamers ( both small and large ) and the new versions have an air valve to fill with a compressor in addition to the hand pump.
available on amazon and the rag company's website

solo makes sprayers and foamers, can be found on amazon

Reactions: blue-sun and frank
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info