NEW RIDE FNG Part II - Blue 1987 IROC Z28 Camaro T-Top goodness and 305 TPI Thunder

Bonj87

Regular
Reaction score
I'm not really a FNG.. but i got a FNR.. F...N... RIDE.. .
went out and did something a 50 year old does for his b day.. i got a sports car.. not that the truck wasn't a sports truck, or the challenger wasn't a sports car, but well, you you decide....

Yes, its a 1987 IROC Z28 Camaro.. all original with the old 305 V8 TPI..

OP
Bonj87

Bonj87

Regular
Reaction score
i need someone with a mobile extractor to come steam clean my interior.. all i can do is vacum it, but i would really like the carpet, headliner and seats to be steamed.
the wheels need to be refinished as well but i love the car.

OP
Bonj87

Bonj87

Regular
Reaction score
its been repainted, but it was a good job.. with some over spray under the hood.. but i can get rid of all that. she's running a lil rough. she has a miss somewhere.. and there's the typical things i gotta replace, suspension bushings. etc ..

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
That’s beautiful iroc congrats

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
That's an awesome Camaro. I love third gen Fbodies and yours fits the bill.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
Yes, DEEZUZ DEEZUZ and I aren't alone anymore.

If you are considering getting the stocker's refinished, consider also a set of Hawks replica IROC-Z 17x9 wheels. They offer the wheels alone if you want different tires too.

If your car doesn't have the factory equipped Wonderbar, TDS, UMI, etc.. all sell good ones. It boxes the front of the frame rails to remove any deflection in the front of the car under steering loads. With todays stickier tires, its basically a requirement to have it.

Also, ditch the factory alignment. Factory alignment on these cars actually puts in .5* of positive camber. UGH. Contributes to the way they seem to wallow all over the road. Thirdgen.org is a huge resource for these cars. Plenty of chaff to sort through, but also probably the most technically comprehensive collection of information on 82-92 F-Bodies.

1622899147437.png

DEEZUZ

Yea but how many acres..?
Donating Member
Reaction score
For 19.95 you can rent the mfer

DEEZUZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
This is so fucking cool.... Let's get some more pics

DEEZUZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks like the repaint was awesome and they kept the headlight buckets black:bigthumb:

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I want one so bad I just can’t pay these high prices

OP
Bonj87

Bonj87

Regular
Reaction score
Yes, DEEZUZ DEEZUZ and I aren't alone anymore.

If you are considering getting the stocker's refinished, consider also a set of Hawks replica IROC-Z 17x9 wheels. They offer the wheels alone if you want different tires too.

If your car doesn't have the factory equipped Wonderbar, TDS, UMI, etc.. all sell good ones. It boxes the front of the frame rails to remove any deflection in the front of the car under steering loads. With todays stickier tires, its basically a requirement to have it.

Also, ditch the factory alignment. Factory alignment on these cars actually puts in .5* of positive camber. UGH. Contributes to the way they seem to wallow all over the road. Thirdgen.org is a huge resource for these cars. Plenty of chaff to sort through, but also probably the most technically comprehensive collection of information on 82-92 F-Bodies.

View attachment 90994
i was going to have a shop do an alignment on it.. i dont have the skills or tools

DEEZUZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
this was literally a barn find with 9 other cars.. i got a GOOD price on it.
I'd LOVE to know the price and Compare it to what I paid for mine years ago just to see real-world appreciation...

Private messages work awesome ;)

DEEZUZ

Donating Member
Reaction score
We need more pics. How about a RP0 sticker shot

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom