• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Flywheel Steel Vs. Aluminum

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Blood on Blood said:
Who has the best prices on aluminum flywheels? Doesn't Ford Racing sell one?

Dave

I have a Fidanza Flywheel for sale. it just needs the friction insert replace for $54 and it's as good as new. about a year and 7K miles on it

New they're $325 - 54 = $271

$200 bucks and it's yours

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
Cobra Jack said:

This has been a topic of debate for a long time, but big heavy cars like can also benefit from a heavy flywheel. I used to have a Fidanza, but switched to a Ford billet FW, I will never switch back.....

I think that a heavy FW gives our cars a little extra kick in the ass that wasnt there with an aluminum flywheel. I did a lot of research and found that most big 1/4 mile guys use a steel flywheel.

Another benefit of a heavy wheel is that the revs drop a lot less between shifts because of the added inertia, its much easier to powershift with a steel FW.

With my car's combo and 28" slicks

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
firstsvt said:
This has been a topic of debate for a long time, but big heavy cars like can also benefit from a heavy flywheel. I used to have a Fidanza, but switched to a Ford billet FW, I will never switch back.....

I think that a heavy FW gives our cars a little extra kick in the ass that wasnt there with an aluminum flywheel. I did a lot of research and found that most big 1/4 mile guys use a steel flywheel.

Another benefit of a heavy wheel is that the revs drop a lot less between shifts because of the added inertia, its much easier to powershift with a steel FW.

With my car's combo and 28" slicks

+1 I love my steel flywheel and it is only $90 new from ford. :D

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Since 1964 said:
Jack, where did you find that article so long after the release date? It seems like something written just before the car came out.

I searched Google for something Cobra related (forgot)

here's a zip I have of 8 car magazine Cobra Reviews

Attachments

• Cobra_Magazine.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 33
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info