Flywheel for 03/04 Cobra

01SVT19

Reaction score
Whats Better A steel Flywheel or an Aluminum. I do mostly Street Driving and do not launch the car much. A few hear and there runs against peeps. I also Have a 4.10 gear. Also the people who bought a new flywheel which company and material did you go with? Thanks for the help guys.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
I would stick witht he Alu. Flywheel. I am running a Spec flywheel due to the low cost of it. A lot of people run a Fidanza but it is a couple hundred bucks more. $100 bucks is a $100 buck to me...

Kevin

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
Price isn't everything. I'd go with the Fidanza wheel from Lethal, if it were me.
Lethal has a very good rep with customer support, not somethng that can be said about LFP.

Dana

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Reaction score
I am actually using a stock flywheel from a 01 cobra. It is steel and only $90 from Ford. Have had it in for over a year now with no issues.

gnxs

Corn-Fed Goodness
Reaction score
Dana said:
Price isn't everything. I'd go with the Fidanza wheel from Lethal, if it were me.
Lethal has a very good rep with customer support, not somethng that can be said about LFP.

Dana
:ditto:

Plus, when it wears down, you can replace just the friction surface of the flywheel for $54. I'm not sure if you can do that with the cheaper flywheels.

Jack1

Admin
Admin
Reaction score
gnxs said:
:ditto:

Plus, when it wears down, you can replace just the friction surface of the flywheel for $54. I'm not sure if you can do that with the cheaper flywheels.
yup.. I have one with a worn out friction plate that I'll be putting up for sale soon.

6K miles on the flywheel :(

Dragon03

Super hated on
Reaction score
Dana said:

Dana
+1 I have the Fidenza alum flywheel and no complaints here

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
Whats Better A steel Flywheel or an Aluminum. I do mostly Street Driving and do not launch the car much. A few hear and there runs against peeps. I also Have a 4.10 gear. Also the people who bought a new flywheel which company and material did you go with? Thanks for the help guys.
Why not just refurbish(resurface) your stock cobra one, its aluminum and that would be the way to go if youre trying to save money.

[email protected]

Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
We have had great experiences with the SPEC aluminum flywheels. The friction surface is replaceable on them also.

I'll PM you some pricing. :headbang:

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
Aluminum=less weight, faster rpm drop. Less inertia.

Steel= More weight, Slower rpm drop but better drag launches because it has more inertia.

Again idk what i'm talking about.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Reaction score
Cobra Jack said:
yup.. I have one with a worn out friction plate that I'll be putting up for sale soon.

6K miles on the flywheel :(
I bought Larry's old one and the replaceable friction plate from Lethal, works GREAT so far! :biggthump

OP
01SVT19

01SVT19

Reaction score
FuelSlut said:
Why not just refurbish(resurface) your stock cobra one, its aluminum and that would be the way to go if youre trying to save money.
Most guys I talked to said It could warp and I wouldnt get all my HP from the stock one and so forth. If im going to install a new clutch why not install a new FW aswell. Im thinking of buying Cobra Jacks I need one ASAP. If I just replace the friction insert it will be as good as a new one?? Doesnt the outer part of the FW wear down? Can someone explain that? Thanks

Dana

Bluesmobile
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
Most guys I talked to said It could warp and I wouldnt get all my HP from the stock one and so forth. If im going to install a new clutch why not install a new FW aswell. Im thinking of buying Cobra Jacks I need one ASAP. If I just replace the friction insert it will be as good as a new one?? Doesnt the outer part of the FW wear down? Can someone explain that? Thanks
The only part that wears, other than the occasional ring gear, is the friction surface.
On this flywheel, the friction surface is made to be replaced when needed, so the flywheel is returned to a like new condition.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Reaction score
01SVT19 said:
Im not sure, I see your point if youre getting a new clutch might as well get the FW. I havent heard many problems w resurfaced Fly Wheels. From personal experience aftermarket parts arent always better than stock. If youre gonna get one might as well spend the money and buy a good one like spec or fidanza.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Reaction score
If you want to try a steel one I have my stocker from my 01' cobra.... PM for pricing cheap!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom