• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Flywheel for 03/04 Cobra

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Dana said:
Price isn't everything. I'd go with the Fidanza wheel from Lethal, if it were me.
Lethal has a very good rep with customer support, not somethng that can be said about LFP.

Dana
:ditto:

Plus, when it wears down, you can replace just the friction surface of the flywheel for $54. I'm not sure if you can do that with the cheaper flywheels.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
01SVT19 said:
Whats Better A steel Flywheel or an Aluminum. I do mostly Street Driving and do not launch the car much. A few hear and there runs against peeps. I also Have a 4.10 gear. Also the people who bought a new flywheel which company and material did you go with? Thanks for the help guys.
Why not just refurbish(resurface) your stock cobra one, its aluminum and that would be the way to go if youre trying to save money.

Oct 5, 2006
01SVT19 said:
Whats Better A steel Flywheel or an Aluminum. I do mostly Street Driving and do not launch the car much. A few hear and there runs against peeps. I also Have a 4.10 gear. Also the people who bought a new flywheel which company and material did you go with? Thanks for the help guys.

We have had great experiences with the SPEC aluminum flywheels. The friction surface is replaceable on them also.

I'll PM you some pricing. :headbang:

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
FuelSlut said:
Why not just refurbish(resurface) your stock cobra one, its aluminum and that would be the way to go if youre trying to save money.
Most guys I talked to said It could warp and I wouldnt get all my HP from the stock one and so forth. If im going to install a new clutch why not install a new FW aswell. Im thinking of buying Cobra Jacks I need one ASAP. If I just replace the friction insert it will be as good as a new one?? Doesnt the outer part of the FW wear down? Can someone explain that? Thanks

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
01SVT19 said:
Most guys I talked to said It could warp and I wouldnt get all my HP from the stock one and so forth. If im going to install a new clutch why not install a new FW aswell. Im thinking of buying Cobra Jacks I need one ASAP. If I just replace the friction insert it will be as good as a new one?? Doesnt the outer part of the FW wear down? Can someone explain that? Thanks
The only part that wears, other than the occasional ring gear, is the friction surface.
On this flywheel, the friction surface is made to be replaced when needed, so the flywheel is returned to a like new condition.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
01SVT19 said:
Im not sure, I see your point if youre getting a new clutch might as well get the FW. I havent heard many problems w resurfaced Fly Wheels. From personal experience aftermarket parts arent always better than stock. If youre gonna get one might as well spend the money and buy a good one like spec or fidanza.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info