đź“° Auto News Flynt Michigan wants to seize street racer's cars and sell them

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
The permanent seizing of people’s property is complete bullshit, including the truck, trailer, tools, etc.

15 mph over the speed limit and doing donuts are categorized as “drag racing”, which the vehicle can be permanently seized? WTF - better not speed with the family minivan / CUV through Flint

Shitty law / ordinance from a shitty mayor who didn’t support the development of a drag strip.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
“Drag racing” or “exhibition of speed” with only one car involved is the dumbest ticket I can think of. They are both judgement calls. I mean what is the maximum allowed acceleration in a law book? As long as you’re not doing a massive sideways burnout how is acceleration dangerous? And how is a cop trained to decide weather a certain amount of acceleration is excessive or not?

dun4791

gypsy is a whore!
Mar 2, 2004
What ain't no country I ever heard of
“Drag racing” or “exhibition of speed” with only one car involved is the dumbest ticket I can think of. They are both judgement calls. I mean what is the maximum allowed acceleration in a law book? As long as you’re not doing a massive sideways burnout how is acceleration dangerous? And how is a cop trained to decide weather a certain amount of acceleration is excessive or not?

might as well run no matter what there

Reactions: Rdrnnr

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I was told by an officer of the law that (at the time) you could accelerate as quickly as you wanted as long as you didn’t have any wheel spin, lift the front wheel (I was on a motorcycle), or exceed the posted limit.

To be sure, I responded that meant I could go from 0-55 (country road) in 2-2.5 seconds and as long as I didn’t lift the wheel it was legal.

Yup. So that’s precisely what I did.

Now they will hit you for “exhibition of speed” even though you’re not speeding. Just that you accelerated too fast. WTF?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info