Flyn's Official COVID-19 Thread - Social Distancing Extended to April 30

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
I mean if a Master was writing an instructional book on how to play a puppet errr I mean the general public this sure seems like a step by step guide huh?

Almost so predictable it is scary is it.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I mean if a Master was writing an instructional book on how to play a puppet errr I mean the general public this sure seems like a step by step guide huh?

Almost so predictable it is scary is it.
Let's hope not. That would be something that could start WW3. China and parts of the U.S. government? I say no.

98GrandPrixIraqVet

Reaction score
Which caused which.

China caused the virus outbreak? I still lean to believe its man made.

US used the Virus as an excuse to crush its own economy and rearrange an incomprehensible amount of wealth.

Combination of both perfect for one to blame the other?

tinfoilhat tinfoilhat

whats the latest on the conspiracy front LOL

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
Losing weight while the rest of us gain some...
maybe losing a jerb too, we're not profitable yet and a letter came out this morning about RIFs. there goes me trying to get paid my market rate which i'm definitely under... just put in for that before all this. we have a lot of good people so even if i stay i'm sure i'll be seeing good friends go. i think i'm ok because i'm cheap, our team is pretty small and in demand and does stuff not many others can't do, and my output is really high. we'll see though...

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well done Bill

Fox News: Bill Ackman nets $2.6B from bet against market -- days after teary TV appearance.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
I'm missing people wanting to list their homes. Self employed so I fall in the cracks. No unemployment payoffs unless I quit my job. We need some "income lost" payoffs. Guess I could take out a loan but I'm OK so why?
i'm taking it in the ass on my home ownership due to a quirky layout house and ridiculous taxes. the guy did just put in earnest money (late) so happ to get it off the books. once i get the cash hoping to be lucky and fish around a bottoming stock market (i think there's still plenty of room to drop too). do you get referral money from mortgage guys?

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I posted a summary of the latest Corona "stimulus bill" that I received from a reputable source. Yes a summary so someone else words and not necessarily word for word out of the bill.

The summary says nothing about "everyone" receiving checks like we all have been talking about. Unless it is worded differently in that summery and I am not comprehending it. I can't imagine one would leave that out of a summary. I am seeing other news outlets talking about checks so IDK.

Like you said paying someone $600 more a week for unemployment is crazy and likely more money than they were working originally for some people. From what I understand unemployment in IL is $200 to $400 a week depending on your income. Thats why I want to guess the 600$ a week is the new max unemployment.

you're.... guessing?

:rofl: just stop.

stop.

So the republicans finally figured out what Yaj Yak Yaj Yak was saying, you’ll make more getting laid off for 4 months than if you had continued working.

Lindsey Graham said that the unemployment for everyone in his state would have equaled $24.00 an hour so a ton of people would rather be laid off than continue working.

YEPPPP AND THEY DIDN'T FIX IT.

Three Republican senators — Ben Sasse of Nebraska and Tim Scott and Lindsey Graham, both of South Carolina — called on Wednesday for an “immediate fix” to the bill to avoid “life-threatening shortages” among doctors, nurses and pharmacists.

“A massive drafting error in the current version of the coronavirus legislation could have devastating consequences: Unless this bill is fixed, there is a
strong incentive for employees to be laid off instead of going to work,” they said.

(Just before voting on the final package began late Wednesday, the Senate was debating an amendment from Sen. Ben Sasse, R-Neb., to bar people from getting more from new unemployment benefits than they would have received on the job; the amendment needed 60 votes and failed 48-48.)

:rofl:

so.
fucking.
fucked.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
Altogether, an additional $600, on top of those average benefits, would equal roughly 100% wage replacement for average workers — meaning some lower-income workers will get more than their usual wages from this expansion.
This expansion of unemployment benefits threatened to hold up the bill's passage Wednesday afternoon, as a group of Republican senators objected to the new unemployment provisions.
"We cannot encourage people to make more money in unemployment than we do in employment," South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott told reporters on Capitol Hill on Wednesday. A proposed amendment to ensure that no worker received more than their average pay failed, however.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
So let’s say a worker was making $1,100 per week in New York; she’d be eligible for the maximum state unemployment benefit of $435 per week. Under the new program, she gets an additional $600 of federal pandemic unemployment compensation, for a total of $1,035, or nearly all of her original paycheck.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
NWI is DEAD.

it's 8 am and to test drive during this hour is usually a PITA. It's dead out.... Here's some proof thag no one's out... This Enterprise usually has 8-10 cars... Check em out

20200326_080443.jpg

There also a ton of cops. Sitting everywhere.

Bub

Pitter Patter
Donating Member
Reaction score
NWI is DEAD.

it's 8 am and to test drive during this hour is usually a PITA. It's dead out.... Here's some proof thag no one's out... This Enterprise usually has 8-10 cars... Check em out

View attachment 53916

There also a ton of cops. Sitting everywhere.
I'm playing a game with a local cop that camps on gilmer Rd. Everyday I increase by 2mph. Current high score is 17mph over and he doesn't even lift his head

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom