Flyn's Official COVID-19 Thread - Practice Social Distancing - Unless you are Protesting

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
i've gotten used to it now, but it feels weird to me that it is at the tail end of this whole thing that i've worn the mask the most. eg. little in thailand, little in the US/none post vax. but here in mexico city, any time i step out of the house. technically i believe it is only required indoors now, when not eating, but > 99% of people walking down the street have one on. so there's some social pressure to comply too. the only time i've had an annoying encounter was at hot desks at one of the weworks i've visited. i think the security guy came over 3x and asked me to put it on, i just pretended i had bad spanish (well, not much pretending needing) and would also sip some coffee around then. the weworks are already set up in a staggered desk position where you're social distancing a fair amount already too.

DEEZUZ

IT'S BRETT BUBBLE TIME
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pandemic purchase remorse is real...

Get your dollars ready to purchase

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I know I've posted before, as much as I don't want people to die, it might have been over and done with had we just let nature take it's course instead of trying to outsmart it.

greasy

Check Out Our Russian Lathe Accident Thread!
Donating Member
Reaction score
The part that pisses me off the most is our numbers are lower now then when they originally lifted the mandate but we hear excuses about numbers in other states…. Fuck off already.
The media is already priming the pump on the next wave of the pandemic due to the holidays and colder weather.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
We're the only state east of the Mississippi with an indoor mandate. Pritzker is focused on re-election and pondering to his triple dosed, triple masked voter base. Stop complying is how it ends.
The only problem with not complying are the reactions from Mask Karens.
I've mentioned before how I've tried to go maskless have been threatened with violence because of it.
I'm just sick of these people and really don't want to go to jail for beating someone's ass.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
The only problem with not complying are the reactions from Mask Karens.
I've mentioned before how I've tried to go maskless have been threatened with violence because of it.
I'm just sick of these people and really don't want to go to jail for beating someone's ass.
Ignore them

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I have yet to come across a feral Karen out in the wild. If they are vaccinated, what is the problem? Don't you trust the vaccine? You're not exactly inspiring any additional confidence to those that made a personal choice over a fucking year ago :rofl:

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
Ignore them
It's hard, especially when they get in your face and block your path.
I had one guy literally blocking a doorway and he told me "if I wasn't wearing this mask, I'd kick your ass".
So I looked directly at him and responded "then take the damned mask off". He got out of my way and eventually walked off.

Some of these people are ultra-psycho-fucktards.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
It seems like we are seeing this in Illinois right now this current week 43% of the people that died in Illinois were vaccinated, it’s been bouncing around that area for months now
Not sure where you find these anecdotes but this is either blatantly untrue or very misleading. I’m going with the former but don’t care to disprove BS since people believe it because they want to, not because it’s true

if you read the controlled studies & analysis it’s pretty clear how much the vaccine prevents mortality, so stop pretending like it doesn’t.

that being said it still shouldn’t be mandated

During April 4–July 17, a total of 569,142 (92%) COVID-19 cases, 34,972 (92%) hospitalizations, and 6,132 (91%) COVID-19–associated deaths were reported among persons not fully vaccinated, and 46,312 (8%) cases, 2,976 (8%) hospitalizations, and 616 (9%) deaths were reported among fully vaccinated persons in the 13 jurisdictions (Table). The weekly prevalence of the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant increased from <1% to 90% during April 4–July 17. Full vaccination coverage increased from 19% to 54%; in the final week, coverage ranged by age group from 45% (in persons aged 18–49 years) to 73% (≥65 years).
During April 4–June 19, fully vaccinated persons accounted for 5% of cases, 7% of hospitalizations, and 8% of deaths overall;

1quick

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you find these anecdotes but this is either blatantly untrue or very misleading. I’m going with the former but don’t care to disprove BS

if you read the controlled studies it’s pretty clear how much the vaccine prevents mortality, so stop pretending like it doesn’t.

I’m getting this from the Illinois department of health’s numbers that they put out weekly I’ve posted them multiple times but no one reads them because they think they know the “science” and it’s not possible for this to happen, I’m assuming this is from the vaccine antibodies becoming weaker over time to the point that they basically don’t have anymore after around 6 months or so, here once again are the numbers from Illinois for this week and it shows every week back to around April

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
It seems like we are seeing this in Illinois right now this current week 43% of the people that died in Illinois were vaccinated, it’s been bouncing around that area for months now
The question I have is this; What are the break down in demographics around the people who get it vs don't. I could see a lot higher rate among high risk people being the norm and therefore they're more likely to have issues even with the vax. That said if you consider that 60% of IL is vaccinated and 40% of the deaths are those people it would mean the vaccine would make you roughly 50% less likely to succumb to C19 all other factors aside.

That said it's a MUCH MUCH larger group than the test group and it's also MUCH MUCH less likely/possible to have someone from a pharma company coming in and thumbing the scale in terms of efficacy as well.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
And let me screen shot that so you don’t even have to open the link

DA1A8FB4-7369-4445-8B75-F0DCA83B329E.png

75B92B24-9508-4006-99E2-3480C231596F.png

1quick

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
The question I have is this; What are the break down in demographics around the people who get it vs don't. I could see a lot higher rate among high risk people being the norm and therefore they're more likely to have issues even with the vax. That said if you consider that 60% of IL is vaccinated and 40% of the deaths are those people it would mean the vaccine would make you roughly 50% less likely to succumb to C19 all other factors aside.
It’s around 85-90% of the vaccinated deaths are people over 65 most likely with other issues, but “most” a huge huge number of the deaths in the us were people that had other issues, last time I looked at the cdc data it said out of the 600+k people that died around 30k died from only covid

Ryan02Stang

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you find these anecdotes but this is either blatantly untrue or very misleading. I’m going with the former but don’t care to disprove BS since people believe it because they want to, not because it’s true

if you read the controlled studies & analysis it’s pretty clear how much the vaccine prevents mortality, so stop pretending like it doesn’t.

The Illinois Department of Health has shared numbers there has been at least one week in IL where more vaccinated people died than unvaccinated. The vaccine may have significantly prevented mortality at one point, but the data published by IDPH shows it now is having a small effect on mortality.

N20GT

Plz place 3,000 kudos here. kthx
Reaction score
I’m getting this from the Illinois department of health’s numbers that they put out weekly I’ve posted them multiple times but no one reads them because they think they know the “science” and it’s not possible for this to happen, I’m assuming this is from the vaccine antibodies becoming weaker over time to the point that they basically don’t have anymore after around 6 months or so, here once again are the numbers from Illinois for this week and it shows every week back to around April
No it’s not, that’s why the link is to a site called wire points, not idph. It looks like they improperly labeled at least one table.

The actual idph website shows 935 deaths from breakthrough cases in IL, vs ~16,000 YTD Covid deaths overall in the state

1quick

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
No it’s not, that’s why the link is to a site called wire points, not idph. It looks like they improperly labeled at least one table.

The actual idph website shows 935 deaths from breakthrough cases in IL, vs ~16,000 YTD Covid deaths overall in the state

That website is using idph data what is labeled wrong, they also show the same thing

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom