Fluid Evacuator

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just bought one for the Capri to evac the oil from the trans. Seems to work well enough for me. I've used it enough in the last week or so... :roflpicard:

Teege24

Reaction score
lmao...thanks for the input guys....so is the general consensus saying it's worth the $80 to save the outrageous cost of paying $200 every time the "Service Plan A Due" light comes on? haha

Teege24

Reaction score
I just bought one for the Capri to evac the oil from the trans. Seems to work well enough for me. I've used it enough in the last week or so... :roflpicard:
do you use the air one or the manual pump?

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
They have a plate on the under side of the car that makes it a total pita to do an under car oil change. It's easier to suck it out the top. Not sure if it is all models but it is very common on mercs.

Turtle

Reaction score
Which Benz are these? Or all of them are like this?

I've been thinking of getting a used slightly used C/E 350

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
been using it on my AMG with no problems for the past 2 years.
I was responding to Will, that you can't do a typical oil change like you can on a regular car.

That you would need something like this to do an oil change.

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score

:dunno: i want to say they are all like this. Find a car you like and call local lube place to see what they would charge.

Teege24

Reaction score

I have the 2010 C300 and it has 2 under body covers that need to be removed before accessing the drain plug and I am almost certain the same goes for the 350

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score
No access hatch like a lot of them?

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
unless they started doing that in the past few years i havnt heard of it.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It!
Reaction score
I use one on my Audi.

I bought a miytvac off amazon for like $80. It works well, I just know that it doesn't get all of the oil out. I have drained the oil from the pan before (it has a drain plug, but they are designed to have the oil sucked out of the dipstick tube) and when draining the oil out of the pan, it takes just under 5 quarts to fill (like 4.8-4.9) and when I use the evacuator it takes exactly 4. But that little .8-.9 quart of used oil doesn't really bother me because I change the oil more frequently than spec anyway. Spec is 10k miles, and I usually do 5k. I don't trust oil to go 10k miles, and IMHO it's cheap insurance to make sure the engine lasts.

Teege24

Reaction score
I use one on my Audi.

I bought a miytvac off amazon for like $80. It works well, I just know that it doesn't get all of the oil out. I have drained the oil from the pan before (it has a drain plug, but they are designed to have the oil sucked out of the dipstick tube) and when draining the oil out of the pan, it takes just under 5 quarts to fill (like 4.8-4.9) and when I use the evacuator it takes exactly 4. But that little .8-.9 quart of used oil doesn't really bother me because I change the oil more frequently than spec anyway. Spec is 10k miles, and I usually do 5k. I don't trust oil to go 10k miles, and IMHO it's cheap insurance to make sure the engine lasts.
did you use the manual pump style? was it fairly easy? I've read mixed opinions on it so far trying to justify spending the extra money and buying the air type

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
if you plan on keeping the car a while get the good one. no brainer.

l0wb00st

Overbuild It, Or Don't Build It!
Reaction score

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
I have one, Audi uses the high tech ones on all their cars, it can be cleaner but I still prefer gravity esp with being able to look at the oil and look for debris stuck to the plug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom