3800 Flow Matching needed for Brand New Injectors?

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
it's not "nessecary" but I didn't have the inejectors for my 383 flowbenched it made tuning the motor harder as I believe a few of the injectors ran a little leaner then the rest when I pulled the plugs it showed.

I would have them flowbenched remember we're running a forced induction application lean=pop.

I plan to make over 500whp with my next 383 buildup so I'm definitely getting my next set flowbenched B)

edit: I want to add that with larger inejectors it's more important because the larger injector will have a bad tendency to be "lazy" as when you fire a larger gun it's not as accurate.

xierxior

Addict
Feb 2, 2008
chicago
I

imported_GraFFix

Justin at Caspers Electronics who is also a member on the fourms here has a cleaning and flow tester at his facility. He did a group of us one mod day. Basically he cleans the injectors and then flow tests them tells you which ones are flowing a little stronger then others. its usually only a percent more or less per injector. Might want to get ahold of him and see if he can help you...

HTH

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Nov 30 2005, 01:14 PM
Dont think I havent tried already, graffix.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
[snapback]105414[/snapback]​

I know you have been waiting on the boost controller and I take full responsibility for not getting that to you yet. Please keep in mind that this is a very speicalized part and I do in fact still have it sitting on my desk. I have to wait until tomorrow to have our engineer test it (he has been out of town) and it will be on it's way.

As for the injectors, I thought I already gave you a price. I believe I can sell them for $249 and I will include flow balancing them. Or, if you prefer, buy a set else where and I will still flow balance them for you. B)

98 TGP TOY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 9, 2008
Morton, IL
Im not too worried about the controller now. Finals are fast approaching and I wont be touching my car for a couple weeks now. No worries there ;)

Maybe you didnt get my PM the other night about trying to get the injectors from you?

So do you actually balance/match them or just record what they flow? If you actually balance/match them then how much would it cost to get 6 of the bosch 42.5 injectors balanced/matched?

Thanks Justin

Mike

Originally posted by 98 TGP TOY@Nov 30 2005, 03:08 PM
Im not too worried about the controller now.  Finals are fast approaching and I wont be touching my car for a couple weeks now.  No worries there ;)

Maybe you didnt get my PM the other night about trying to get the injectors from you?

So do you actually balance/match them or just record what they flow?  If you actually balance/match them then how much would it cost to get 6 of the bosch 42.5 injectors balanced/matched?

Thanks Justin

Mike
[snapback]105432[/snapback]​

99% of the time, they are within 1% anyway. I would flow them to ensure that and return ones that are out of spec.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Originally posted by DaytonaPaceCar+Nov 30 2005, 02:58 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-98 TGP TOY
@Nov 30 2005, 01:14 PM
Dont think I havent tried already, graffix.  Thanks for the suggestion though.
[snapback]105414[/snapback]​

I believe I can sell them for $249 and I will include flow balancing them. B)
[snapback]105427[/snapback]​
[/b]

is that price for anyone? for 42.5lb injectors

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info