Florida Woman Had A .413 BAC While Picking Up Kid At School

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Normally, this is just a sad case of what I would consider child abuse. But this Florida woman's blood alcohol level was so high it puts the story into "How exactly are you not dead?" territory.

Pasco County Sheriff's Deputies told TV station WFLA that 27-year-old Renata Congleton arrived at a New Port Richey elementary school to pick up her child. People deduced that she was intoxicated based on the fact that she hit two cars while leaving school grounds.

Deputies arrived at Congleton's house, leading to a confrontation when she refused to say whether she was involved in an accident. And of course, Because Florida, she kicked and scratched at one deputy while being handcuffed.

Authorities later learned the woman's blood alcohol content level was .413, which is more than five times the legal limit in Florida. It's also well within the potentially fatal range.

The TV station reports Congleton was later charged with neglect of a child, battery on a law enforcement officer, and resisting an officer with violence.

Parenting — Florida style!

http://code3.jalopnik.com/florida-woman-had-a-413-bac-while-picking-up-kid-at-sc-1632485371/+pgeorge

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
alcoholism can generate a high tolerance.
In this case though I would say it was "sensing error". I am not saying she was not blotto drunk, but if you eat white bread before a breathalyzer it will send the score way high.
Also there is regurgitation. In Illinois if a cop sees you vomit, or cough, or burp or even hiccup he cannot give you a breathalyzer for (I think, fuzzy on this one)15 min of constant observation. So you burp.. he has to wait 15 min, if you burp again, the clock starts over. Its because stuff coming up from your stomach and not your lungs is then in the test.
I have heard of people surviving .41 but not without emergency medical care.

blck10th

TCG Elite Member
Jan 11, 2007
alcoholism can generate a high tolerance.
In this case though I would say it was "sensing error". I am not saying she was not blotto drunk, but if you eat white bread before a breathalyzer it will send the score way high.
Also there is regurgitation. In Illinois if a cop sees you vomit, or cough, or burp or even hiccup he cannot give you a breathalyzer for (I think, fuzzy on this one)15 min of constant observation. So you burp.. he has to wait 15 min, if you burp again, the clock starts over. Its because stuff coming up from your stomach and not your lungs is then in the test.
I have heard of people surviving .41 but not without emergency medical care.

I asked my old man who was a police officer for years. 20 min wait if you do. if someone continues to belch or vomit they can call it a refusal.

highest he had someone was .35

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
A good lawyer will get her off on this sadly, How can they prove she was fucked up when driving? She could have went home and got smashed lol

I know someone who did exactly that. Left the scene went home cracked a beer. Nothing they could to about it. All they can get her on is the traffic violations the child endangerment and the resisting arrest.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info