• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Floating valve Maybe

Coreymm

Oct 18, 2012
This Is a fairly new build and I'm having trouble in the higher Rpm range on the dyno. The engine is a built 03 cobra motor with stock heads and cams. posi ported trilogy 4lb lower 3.0 upper I'm having trouble where the car makes good power and then flat lines at 5500 rpm, Fuel is good twin gt pumps 40 amp kb boost a pump, modded fpdm 60lb injector and so are the spark plugs tr6 gaped at .27 and new weapon x coils with a sct 2600 maf. So I have come to the conclusion that I might have a floating valve. and there also a slight head tick on the driver side that I have been noticing. any inputs to what is going on with this car. at first I though there was belt slip but that's not the case

IMG_6432-1.jpg

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
It could be valve float, does it sound like it's breaking up out the exhaust on the top end?
Could also be spark problems.
Also it looks like it's richening up on top, that might be ok though, I just cant see the scale of it well enough on the chart above...if it's loading it up with too much fuel that could be part of your problem - do you have the numerical print out of hp/afr/rpm?

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
It gave me 3 codes so I just changed them out recently. I still had this problem before I changed out the stock coils. I'm going to change the gaps on the plugs and see if that does the trick

What codes was it giving?

Where is the rev limiter set at?

How bad is the ticking sound? The mod motors are pretty noisy and a lot of them have a slight tick and it's nothing to worry about.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info