FLOAT TANK AKA EPSON SALT FLOAT

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
So I finally decided to try this out with my girl. She was pushing we go do this for multiple benefits. I listen to Rogan's podcast daily and heard him taking about the benefits and it intrigued me. We go to Go Polar Cryo in Lemont or Westmont and do the infared sauna and cryo. Really feel good from both of those and figured why not try the next big thing.

Facility is top notch!! They supply you with everything.
You shower before going in the tank and after. So they supply towels, soap, shampoo for showering.
They give you ear plugs and anything else you would need.

Getting into the tank is a tad weird and you have to step up and into it. Once in you notice there is only about 8 inches of water. Crazy thinking you will float but they explain that 1,080lbs of salt is in the water. Once you close the door it is sound proof and completely dark. ZERO light which is where the sensory deprivation comes on. If you don't like the complete darkness they give you two floating lights that change color for some light. The tank is big 8ft X 6ft and about 8ft tall.

It took me a few minutes to start to focus on breathing but once i got used to floating and breathing i actually fell a sleep for what I would guess was 40 minutes. Total time in the tank was 1.5 hours. You can go less, 60 minutes but we wanted to get the full experience. You can't sink or roll over so I just keep adjusting when i was awake with the lights on. Completely relaxed and completely supported. The water is the same temp as your body temp so you don't feel your body until you move. Weird feeling but once used to it amazing.

Benefits for me:
Lower back pain is almost 100% gone for a few days now.
Arthritis in joints and inflammation is drastically reduced.
Psoriasis that i have in spots completely gone for days. Will have to wait to see how long that lasts as it's on your skin.
Allergies have been gone for a couple days. I get this same result going to the ocean with salt water.
Mental relaxation is the biggest thing for me. I feel energized and really relaxed. A ton of tension gone.

I would suggest this for physical health and mental!!!!

Just wanted to pass on my experience.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
So do they put in fresh water and salt for each person, or are you basically floating in someone else's dirty salty bath water? Or is it like a hot-tub with a ton of chlorine to keep it sanitary?
It's filtered like a pool (motor moves water through filter constantly) and they should be required to follow float tank health standards. It is also fully drained and new water/salt every 6 months or 1000 uses according to the web.

wouldn't salt water that insanely concentrated with salt be safe as is?
It's completely safe. I wouldn't go drinking a ton of it though :rofl:

Reactions: BS ISF

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
It's filtered like a pool (motor moves water through filter constantly) and they should be required to follow float tank health standards. It is also fully drained and new water/salt every 6 months or 1000 uses according to the web.

It's completely safe. I wouldn't go drinking a ton of it though :rofl:
im saying safe as far as germs go.

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
The sensory deprivation is something that took me some time to get used to. Then again I feel asleep. With the two little lights on you get enough light to see and when you see there is about 7 feet of tank about your head it doesn't seem so small.

Again you can do a shorter session and also you can open the door to the tank at any time you feel the need. The light from the shower and dressing room will flood the tank.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
never heard that before.
Whattttt for real??? Like every doctor has told me that

Salt inhibits dental bacteria by increasing the pH balance of your mouth. It creates an alkaline environment that the bacteria can barely survive in. Bacteria prefer an acidic environment, which lets them grow and attack the enamel on teeth. By creating an environment that they donā€™t like, they cannot thrive.

Epsom salt for infections has become a revolution in the market of medicinal treatments for diseases. Most of the clinics now widely recommend it and advise their patients to go through the procedure. The significant outcomes of the method show a terrific outrage in accepting the technique as a treatment measure.

There are multiple Useful benefits of using Epsom water soak for the treatment of infections, and in general, soaking helps in opening up the passages that have clogs. Its most significant accomplishment is that it can give immediate relief and relaxation from the aches. Due to the dilation of the blood vessels, the tissue becomes permeable and tends to become a significant passage for the transfer of immune cells. It reduces the chance of getting an infection.

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info