Flight 93 Memorial w/photos

lastls1

Reaction score
So over the past few days I have been in the Pittsburgh area for work. And I decided to stop by the flight 93 memorial and impact site from 9/11 since it was on the way to my hotel.

Below are some of the photos of the site itself. It is an incredibly moving experience to be there. For those of you who may of been you can attest to this. There was probably 30-60 people there and you could have heard a pin drop anywhere you went. It was totally silent and the overwhelming sadness of the area was tough to bear sometimes.

In the actual visitors center you can see some of the crash debris (not pictured) I decided to not photograph that out of respect. In the visitor center as well you can listen to some of the people’s last phone calls to there loved ones on their answering machines. It was extremely hard to listen too and I only got through 2 of the 5 handsets you could pick up, it literally brought me to tears.

Below are the pics. Please keep the conspiracy theory’s out of the thread. This is simply to show some of what I saw.

IMG_1302.JPG

This path to the overlook spot is the exact flight path of the plane.

IMG_1303.JPG

Overlooking the flight path to the crash site. The boulder you see in the distance denotes the impact point

IMG_1306.jpg

The impact boulder

IMG_1313.jpg

The wall of names of everyone on the plane

IMG_1319.jpg

IMG_1317.JPG

The new tower of voices memorial

IMG_1326.JPG

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
That had to be a powerful feeling walking around there. I know when we went to the 9/11 memorial it felt very surreal and overwhelming at times.

lastls1

Reaction score
It was incredibly powerful. It was a simple field yet you could feel this overwhelming sadness. It is hard to describe. I was only 12 or 13 when 9/11 happened and I did not lose anyone that day, however I felt myself tearing up at times.

It was very nice to get a chance to pay my respects and walk the area quietly

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
I was there around 2013 and will agree it’s unsettling silent. I didn’t have a chance to listen to the last phone calls made to loved ones. I wonder if I can pull them up on you tube?

I’m not very emotional person but I lost it when I saw this.

lastls1

Reaction score
Saw that as well. It was pretty difficult.

lastls1

Reaction score
I’ve been to both this one and the 9/11 memorial on NY. I could have swore I made a thread with those photos.... but I can’t find it. Maybe it didn’t port over idk

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
My goodness, I can't imagine pretty much knowing you were going to die and having to make a last stand to save lives.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
I’ve been to both this one and the 9/11 memorial on NY. I could have swore I made a thread with those photos.... but I can’t find it. Maybe it didn’t port over idk
My family and I stopped at the 911 memorial in NYC 3-4 years ago. Such a range of emotions with none being close to feeling ok.

lastls1

Reaction score
I don’t think it was to hide it. Just a small reminder and acknowledgement of the unborn child. I believe family members had a say in some of this stuff too, so that may have been a decision by the family?

Either way nothing was distasteful and it was very respectful.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
It's important to review this incident every year so we don't become complacent.
After watching some of that old video, I was pissed off all over again just like on 9/11/01.
We must never forget what happened and who was responsible.

MrDragster1970

Reaction score
I don’t think it was to hide it. Just a small reminder and acknowledgement of the unborn child.
I believe family members had a say in some of this stuff too, so that may have been a decision by the family?

Either way nothing was distasteful and it was very respectful.
Maybe because I missed it, but it sure looks like they are trying to hide it???
Plus we had the names picked before they were born, boy & girl or universal.
My oldest daughter was named Jordan Payton, and would have been even if a boy.
I wanted Payton Jordan, she didn't, it's obvious who won.
I guess I thought they knew the baby's name??

Again, thanks for posting. Never forget, I never will!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom