Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
here we are...

"We know you want the numbers and we're not going to waste your time. Neither is Nissan. Its 2009 GT-R hits 60 mph in 3.3 seconds, quicker than the last Dodge Viper, Corvette Z06 and Porsche 911 Turbo we tested. Keep your foot pinned, and after another tap on the upshift paddle it will clear the quarter-mile in 11.6 seconds at more than 120 mph. "

http://jalopnik.com/335556/2009-Nissan-GT-R-0-to-60-Time

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
plain and simple: your GTR bashing crap got old 5 minutes into the auto show :dunno:

i dont own the car and i probably never will but its something i'm a wee bit passionate about and joking or not, its starting to get old.....

ANYWAY, heres a good read....top gear did a somewhat comparison test on the r8 and the GTR....really good read

http://www.topgear.com/content/features/stories/2008/02/stories/07/1.html

oh and fyi, top gear gave the r8 car of the year

and ps: i know you're only saying everything to get a rise out of me mirza, and its worked

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
large.jpg

Banzai! Awsome read, thanks mook.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Anyone remember this....?

DSC_1782.jpg

I posted this before but. I find it funny that Motor Trend ran a C6 Z06 in October 05 (first year they made it) and goto it todo 0-60 in 3.5 and 11.5 in the 1/4, with a top speed of 198mph (better times than GTRs) yet they still claim this GTR is a "Corvette killer". Why? Because it tied the 0-60? Who gives a fuck about that, or was it because another person not affilated with motor trend ran a lap around a track 7 seconds faster than the Z06?

With 0-60, 1/4 mile, lap tops etc depending ALOT on driver and conditions I dont see how ANYONE can say either car is faster than the other. Especially since these two cars are so close. I still think the C6 Z06 is the better performer.

Now thats comparing the Current C6 Z06 to the Jap GTR. Surely the US ZR1 will outperform the US GTR in EVERY aspect.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I posted this before but. I find it funny that Motor Trend ran a C6 Z06 in October 05 (first year they made it) and goto it todo 0-60 in 3.5 and 11.5 in the 1/4, with a top speed of 198mph (better times than GTRs) yet they still claim this GTR is a "Corvette killer". Why? Because it tied the 0-60? Who gives a fuck about that, or was it because another person not affilated with motor trend ran a lap around a track 7 seconds faster than the Z06?

With 0-60, 1/4 mile, lap tops etc depending ALOT on driver and conditions I dont see how ANYONE can say either car is faster than the other. Especially since these two cars are so close. I still think the C6 Z06 is the better performer.

Now thats comparing the Current C6 Z06 to the Jap GTR. Surely the US ZR1 will outperform the US GTR in EVERY aspect.

ok...i'm not gonna argue this topic anymore b/c no one seems to be getting what i'm saying here...

the zr1 will and SHOULD outperform the gtr...it weighs less, has over 100hp difference and costs more....theres no reason it shouldnt be the monster everyone expects it to be....i personally still like the GTR more...thats me, thats how ive been forever..

NOW, if we're going to compare the z06 to the GTR like panda continually attempts to....ill stop arguing that point too and just say both are very very similar IN A STRAIGHT LINE!! put them on a road course and the z06 will get its ass handed to it every single time....but since ill get flamed for mentioned a road course, ill just end my rant

for overall performance: zr1 (one would assume) > GTR > c6z06 ....my opinion...continue to flame away without backing up any of your reasoning

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ok...i'm not gonna argue this topic anymore b/c no one seems to be getting what i'm saying here...

the zr1 will and SHOULD outperform the gtr...it weighs less, has over 100hp difference and costs more....theres no reason it shouldnt be the monster everyone expects it to be....i personally still like the GTR more...thats me, thats how ive been forever..

NOW, if we're going to compare the z06 to the GTR like panda continually attempts to....ill stop arguing that point too and just say both are very very similar IN A STRAIGHT LINE!! put them on a road course and the z06 will get its ass handed to it every single time....but since ill get flamed for mentioned a road course, ill just end my rant

for overall performance: zr1 (one would assume) > GTR > c6z06 ....my opinion...continue to flame away without backing up any of your reasoning

Where is your reasoning that the GTR is a better handling car? besides that ONE laptime around the norrenburg where the GTR ran 7 seconds faster than the Z06.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
:rofl: or the fact that every single media outlet that has gotten its hands on it has flat out said "the GTR is a better handling car then the 997 911 turbo, the current Z06, etc etc"

do you want me to pull any random article and quote it here?

Thread Info