Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
all these crazy rumors deal almost 100% w/ the jap spec GTR (the big one being the gps speed limiter, which wont come on our versions)

some things will still hinder the us version, but jap tuner Mines is already making some serious headway into unlocking the potential of the car

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
all these crazy rumors deal almost 100% w/ the jap spec GTR (the big one being the gps speed limiter, which wont come on our versions)

some things will still hinder the us version, but jap tuner Mines is already making some serious headway into unlocking the potential of the car

I'm aware of the Jap spec being the restricted one, I kinda meant "the boost is limited to this, the A/F curves are like this" Just the fact that its new and of course going to be restricted as far as how much power it has stock.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
so you're going to assume...and while i dont doubt theres gonna be huge power gains from simple mods...we dont know for SURE how much room chevy left in the current application....hard to say yet until someone can get their hands on one...i really wanna see what kinda stock numbers it starts putting down..0-60, 1/4, skid pad, etc

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
if we're going STRICKLY off magazine numbers, the GTR wins 0-60 and runs virtually the identical 1/4 mile times...

the reason i say magazine numbers is b/c no one has given any personal numbers with a GTR yet and we wont see those until the summer

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
Well the current C6 Z06 is faster than the GTR so the ZR1 should be even more faster. 1/4 and track

well theres no proof to the z06 being faster than the gtr, nor is there proof to the gtr being faster than a z06, so both arguments are worthless right now. until we actually see some numbers on the gtr, keep that argument in your back pocket, kthxbye

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
theres proof of the GTR running 3.5 0-60 (in fact it might be 3.4 or something like that) and it ran either 11.7 or 11.6 in the 1/4...id have to find the numbers again

and as ive stated, i'm going STRICKLY off magazine and internet auto sites for these numbers as it would be unfair to use the z06 times run by actual owners since no one in the states has gotten their GTR yet and therefore hasnt been to the track w/ it

Thread Info