FL residents and vacationers - looking for ideas and experiences

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It has been a crazy couple of months. More weather incidents than normal. Go Pro time lapse would probably be cool.

Right after Amy woke me up the phones started going off with tornado warnings every 15 mins. No way to sleep through that. Had to wait it out until the phones shut up. At least the dog got a rare early morning pee break.

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
6 days until we fly out to Orlando. Sunday will be Kennedy Space Center. According to https://spacecoastlaunches.com/launch-schedule/ there's a launch on Friday and next week Thursday, so we won't get to see one.

Wife bought a 3 day pass to Universal, I guess we got an extra 2 days for free, so we're going 5 days to Universal. I'm thinking that's a bit much, but we'll see. I have seen all the Harry Potter movies years ago, one of the twins watched the first 7 last year, but we as a family watched all 8 recently (finished the last one yesterday), so we're excited to see the Harry Potter stuff at Universal.

Reactions: Flyn and frank

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
My buddy and I are having a (get away from the wives weekend) lol. Basically just a few days to relax, no stress nothing major planned.

We are heading to Islamorada for a few nights. Anything you would recommend? Besides the usual bar lol. Neither of us have ever been to the keys. We are just excited to cruise and look for cars

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Me and my girl are heading to Miami Beach the second week of February, any must hit spots? Will only be there for a few days, one day I’ll be solo as she is going for work and has a conference.

Not much into the club scene, but cool bars and good food are right up our alley.
Miami is like Chicago as in good food, nightlife, shopping, scenic routes etc. make sure to hit up the beaches, drive up and down a1-a. Key biscayne is a good time and something to check out.

Also don’t go too far off the beaten path in Miami, it does change quickly and will find yourself in some rough areas.

But overall good time, and enjoy what you can outdoors.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
My buddy and I are having a (get away from the wives weekend) lol. Basically just a few days to relax, no stress nothing major planned.

We are heading to Islamorada for a few nights. Anything you would recommend? Besides the usual bar lol. Neither of us have ever been to the keys. We are just excited to cruise and look for cars

Check out Robbies, feed the tarpons, rent boats, jet skis, kayaks, eat, drink, gift shop etc.

If you like to snorkel find a charter that takes you alligator reef, depending on the weather it a great time.

Grab some food at hemingways restaurant.

If you are into fishing jump on a charter for the day.

Rent a car and cruise down to key west and sight see the other keys, like marathon, big pine, and Bahia Honda state park.

Pics are from alligator reef this summer.

FA4225CF-FF8E-42E9-A588-039145D78FBC.jpeg

7BA6A15A-0B70-4EE3-BBAB-197DDAF410CC.jpeg

3796DB40-1CA3-46BE-905B-EF550B4D129E.jpeg

5AC84429-A398-4B50-8492-9384036505F0.jpeg

5D0CD955-E305-4711-9C5F-99446193AE27.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Just sitting in the shade at a beachside bar watching people go by is fun, too.

As far as the Keys, they are getting more touristy. Walking around in Key West is usually entertaining. We saw a transvestite burlesque show last time we were down there which was unusual, to say the least. Fun, too, if you aren't freaked out by that kind of thing. Late night gets a bit more adult with drunks and a fight or two in the bars and on the streets.

Reactions: frank

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Yea we are tryin to keep it low key. Prob try to rent a jet ski and cruise to a sand bar or 2. We both love to drink, but once we cross that line of being like super drunk we pay for it big time the next day. And we are not wanting to ruin a day of our trip recovering because we got stupid lol.

I don’t even know if you can bring booze out on a jet ski to a sand bar. So if not prob will only rent for a short time to sight see and head back to the bar lol

Reactions: frank

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
There are a couple Ft. Myers public courses, Eastwood and Ft. Myers Country Club. Don't know anything about them personally since I quit the game after rotator cuff surgeries.

Here's TripAdvisor on more Ft. Myers courses.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
There are a couple Ft. Myers public courses, Eastwood and Ft. Myers Country Club. Don't know anything about them personally since I quit the game after rotator cuff surgeries.

Here's TripAdvisor on more Ft. Myers courses.

I keep reading good things about Fort Myers Country Club. I'm definitely going to play that one. So far the girlfriend seems okay with the idea of riding around on a golf cart with me while I play, but we'll see how much golf she can tolerate while we are there ? :LOL:

blue-sun

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2020
Flight into Orlando was really smooth. Too bad I woke up 2 hours before my alarm was set to go off (4:15AM Central Time) and I can’t nap. we went to Disney Springs for dinner and some window shopping. Kennedy Space Center tomorrow.

Staying at Loews Sapphire Falls at Universal. First time here, it’s nice. Slightly better than any of the Disney economy hotels we’ve stayed at in the past.

Some legos at Disney Springs.

031DAF96-CAB3-4AE2-BB1D-73E0789DA1F3.jpeg

A11A6382-BDB4-4165-B890-27E8DB09F6C9.jpeg

CD72DE36-D0C7-4241-8383-071C1690D2DA.jpeg

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I was going to post here but I didnt want to jinx anyone's trip here, but this is about the worst weather week for the entire year we are having. Might as well be IL here. Its 48* right now and isnt going to get much warmer mid day for the next few days like it normally would.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I was going to post here but I didnt want to jinx anyone's trip here, but this is about the worst weather week for the entire year we are having. Might as well be IL here. Its 48* right now and isnt going to get much warmer mid day for the next few days like it normally would.

48 in Florida feels so much colder than it is. I remember doing my internship there. Jesus the mornings sometimes in the winter felt way colder. Could have been 50 degrees and I thought it was 32

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
48 in Florida feels so much colder than it is. I remember doing my internship there. Jesus the mornings sometimes in the winter felt way colder. Could have been 50 degrees and I thought it was 32
Its that thin blood syndrome. I had to get the dog out and I have to go through our screened in room and I took one step out of the house and was like HELL NO. There was a small group of dead lizards on the ground outside the screened in room door. Poor bastards froze to death.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
No, a friend who runs a college food program for a N.C. college wants me to manage one of her restaurants. She gave me a chef's jacket to try to convince me to move up there.

Other friends were visiting her the past few days and came over for dinner tonight. She gave them the matching hat for me. Doesn't give up easily. I'm a good amateur cook and have owned businesses before but I'm not a pro at cooking. Plus I love living in the free state of Florida. Main benefits would be large salary and one of my daughters lives up there.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info