FL residents and vacationers - looking for ideas and experiences

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Is it that good? I excluded it from the parks I booked but will have to take a second look at it!

Doing 3 Disney parks and the main universal and SeaWorld parks
We only go to Florida with grown ass adults. We go there 2-3x per visit. Every other person gets an all day dining pass. You can go every hour on the hour for a full meal. It's insane. All the rides are amazing and don't have weight limits as strict as universal park.

• Wow
Reactions: Teege24

Teege24

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
Aug 14, 2011
Cary
We only go to Florida with grown ass adults. We go there 2-3x per visit. Every other person gets an all day dining pass. You can go every hour on the hour for a full meal. It's insane. All the rides are amazing and don't have weight limits as strict as universal park.
Well hey now, that sounds badass!!! Thanks for the tip!

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
People dis Florida. I don't get it.

Screenshot_20220108-195837_Maps.jpg

Reactions: Teege24

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Neighborhoods change very quickly Lauderdale the more you go inland. beach’s are nicer in pompano then in ft lauderdale. Tourism, plenty to do and see as any Florida town.

I would look into the boat ride that takes you from ft lauderdale to Freeport an island in the Bahamas, it’s like a 2 hours one way, Cool day trip. They also go to the Nassau in the Bahamas’s.

Jupiter to the north has some good snorkeling to check out.

Drive hwy A-1A south to Miami which is nice to visit for the day.

Reactions: Aircal and DEEZUZ

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
All my starred and favorite places....
I do the exact same thing. Tip, which I just learned to do about a week ago, is to create a new "list" in the map application. Then when you star/save a location you can assign it to a list. You can then show/hide the lists, so everything isn't showing at once.

Had to do some surveying at my dad's house and didn't want all the saved markers on my main map. Created a list and saved them to that instead. Plus you can add a label/tag to each thing you save.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Neighborhoods change very quickly Lauderdale the more you go inland. beach’s are nicer in pompano then in ft lauderdale. Tourism, plenty to do and see as any Florida town.

I would look into the boat ride that takes you from ft lauderdale to Freeport an island in the Bahamas, it’s like a 2 hours one way, Cool day trip. They also go to the Nassau in the Bahamas’s.

A-1A beachfront avenue, girls were hot wearing less than bikinis..............................

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim

Question, if you wanted to run to Nassau and back, would that mean having to bring your passport with? I'm paranoid about having to have it on me, since it's such a critical document, especially if you're outside the country. Lose that (misplaced, stolen, etc), and you be fucked. Or is that too much of an irrational fear?

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Question, if you wanted to run to Nassau and back, would that mean having to bring your passport with? I'm paranoid about having to have it on me, since it's such a critical document, especially if you're outside the country. Lose that (misplaced, stolen, etc), and you be fucked. Or is that too much of an irrational fear?
I’m sure it’s needed to enter the Bahamas, i would call the company doing the boat ride to double check.

And Just pack your passport in your Fanny pack and no worries on losing it lol.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Orlando is tourist central. Crowded, especially IN season. Tons of stuff to do. The more money you have the more fun and less waiting for fun. I like Disney parks although I don't like the company. Shows are fun, rides are good. Difference between Disney and places like Great America is Great America builds a façade while Disney builds an entire building for a ride. They take their entertainment seriously. If I was up there, I'd think about driving to the east coast to watch a rocket launch if there are any going on. It's on my bucket list.

fasteddie123

Regular
Apr 18, 2009
Is West Palm Beach worth visiting, or is it primarily celebrities / the truly wealthy who live there and not much to do?

I read the water / beaches are supposed to be really nice.
I used to live in West Palm when I worked for Bertil Roos Racing School. It's nice, but as a person under 50, I had a hard time finding stuff to do. If you like golfing, there's certainly tons of that, and the beaches are pretty nice. However, I was always a bigger fan of the gulf coast beaches like Venice and Sarasota.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
I used to live in West Palm when I worked for Bertil Roos Racing School. It's nice, but as a person under 50, I had a hard time finding stuff to do. If you like golfing, there's certainly tons of that, and the beaches are pretty nice. However, I was always a bigger fan of the gulf coast beaches like Venice and Sarasota.
Reminds me of Ft Myers beach. We were just there and it was primarily old couples with out of state plates roaming around. Not the Estero island part, but the mainland FT myers. I saw more IL plates there in that week we were there than in the three years since we actually left IL. That and NY plates. You can see all the snow birds everywhere. The driving was horrible.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Reminds me of Ft Myers beach. We were just there and it was primarily old couples with out of state plates roaming around. Not the Estero island part, but the mainland FT myers. I saw more IL plates there in that week we were there than in the three years since we actually left IL. That and NY plates. You can see all the snow birds everywhere. The driving was horrible.

Fort Myers -

Ford Garage Burgers
Edison / Ford home tours
Beach / Pool
Bull and Black Tip sharks in the river

That’s about it.

Family members bought condos on the river way back in the day. With that, place to stay for no cost other than flight, food and Uber

Reactions: frank

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Amy woke me up at 6 A.M. today. Tornado warning for the area. The giant storm that was moving across several states gave us some tornadoes. Again, I went outside and saw an area that looked threatening but it was moving away from us. Sun came out by 8:00 and I went back to bed for an hour. I am getting a new roof in a few weeks. Don't need another tornado to do more damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info