2CABDCE1-6D42-42F9-AF64-5D2A1FA06306.jpg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
You still planning to go to naples? That's my fav spot in florida by far
Unfortunately no. With the traffic I tapped out. Trying to go from St. Augustine to here did me in. I really don’t want to leave in the morning hours to head back (Sunday). Much prefer cannonballing at night to avoid traffic. But to be at my dad’s by Monday evening/night I’ll have to deal with it.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
For all the no-vacancy and high daily rates for the places in the area, the beaches are empty.

There is a moderate breeze from the north, which if you’re exposed does give a chill, even being from Chicago. We set up two small beach umbrellas to block the wind and it’s quite nice.
01EA5BC0-5FAD-413B-95DE-D7A23AA42D59.jpg

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
For all the no-vacancy and high daily rates for the places in the area, the beaches are empty.

There is a moderate breeze from the north, which if you’re exposed does give a chill, even being from Chicago. We set up two small beach umbrellas to block the wind and it’s quite nice.
01EA5BC0-5FAD-413B-95DE-D7A23AA42D59.jpg
Looks like a deserted town on a shitty beach lol.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Looks like a deserted town on a shitty beach lol.
The beach was pretty nice. Sand was nice and soft. Shoreline could use a little grooming for the accumulated sea grass, but otherwise it was nice and pleasant. Going back tomorrow with a cooler and snacks. I don’t even have to put on flip flops it’s so close ?

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
It’s less windy up here today, but only about 70°. Another 10-12° and it’d be just right.

Gonna be heading down in a few minutes to sit out till the sun goes down.

Last evening right at sunset there appeared to be a coast guard training mission, or rescues mission about 5-6 miles off-shore. Got some photos of it on the DSLR, but 300mm in low light only allows for so much detail.

With the binoculars I brought with you could see the rotor wash kicking up spray, and the swimmer going down and be brought up. They held station for a good 30 minutes.

There was a vessel in the water there as well, looked like a cutter, but I don’t know my ships very well.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Also, it seems to be a requirement that everyone goes at least 5mph under the limit. The lead vehicle holds up the line of cars, then if they turn the next vehicle in line takes ownership and holds everyone up.
Nobody in Florida knows how to drive imo. They are the fucking worst! My Wife is a pretty patient driver and she gets pissed driving down there.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
It’s less windy up here today, but only about 70°. Another 10-12° and it’d be just right.

Gonna be heading down in a few minutes to sit out till the sun goes down.

That sun is intense. I'm sitting out in the sun on the patio and I'm sweating. lol So I'm sure you'll be plenty warm even though the air temp seems cooler than it was a few days ago. After being in the sun all day, it'll feel chilly once that sun goes down.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Clearwater is a big money area and I think a lot of the condo owners use the place as their 2nd/3rd homes and don't get down often. Florida beaches are often way less crowded than Chicago beaches. When I have stayed in Clearwater, the million dollar condos we were staying at were almost empty. Some people rent theirs out but many don't bother. Also, residents down here don't go to the beaches as often as they could. Amy does and has her own secluded beaches picked out. She goes to Boca Grande a lot because the millionaires/billionaires on the island use the beaches even less than regular people. It costs $6 to cross the bridge and many locals don't want to pay it so the beaches can be almost completely deserted.

If your wife seriously wants to buy a place, let me know and I will send you MLS listings. Places are expensive now but I don't know if they will ever return to previous cheaper prices. Maybe after the next big recession but no idea when that will happen.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info