Fixing blown up intake with spool gun rules amirite?

Miller 211 with their spool gun, why does argon smell like cat farts

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

Thanks lads! The intake is a Magnuson lower tub I got to mount an Edelbrock TVS 2650 head unit on, just used 1/2" alum plate. I have a 94mm S500 blowing through that, it works great, drove it around a few month. I kept having boost spiking issues due to JGS wastegate o-ring situation, if that o-ring isnt lubed to the max and super clean, the wastegate sticks alot on and off. After a few boost spikes to 28 psi, it finally gave up on a regular 22 psi run down the freeway. It didnt seem to backfire but maybe thats what did it. The alum in the floor of the Magnusson tub is super super thin....and I believe I screwed it up a little by the tub sitting on the valley bolts under it. It didnt have any leaks or high idle, so the manifold was barely touching the valley bolts on the bottom.

I welded in two strips of 3/32 alum bar in the bottom so hopefully it will last longer this time...and I put in flat bolts on the valley cover!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info