YouTube fitness social media, just as crazy as political social media?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
maybe we should all just unplug from this thing, since it seems to break 95% of people's brains. besides driving more partisanship and groupthink rather than fostering intellectual political discussions, now that i'm trying to get in better shape, i'm watching youtube channels for stuff i search for or the algo feeds me and am surprised that some good healthy messages (shredded sport science, phillion) needs to be hammered into people's heads.

this video popped up for me yesterday:

and has someone who has been skinny fat like 99% of my life, it's just crazy for me to think that this dude @1:42 thinks he is skinny fat or anything close to it. that seems like an insane perception of oneself. the fitness dude who hosts the channel gets people calling him fat as well, wtf?

women have been insecure about their looks forever, arguably moreso because of other women than men, but social media is just ridiculous there too. i'm genuinely curious about how many tinder pictures are posted without a filter, as there are frequently women who filter and blur so much they barely even have a nose that exists anymore. what is the point to this if you actually meet someone anyway, and they find out you do indeed have a nose that actually exists? on instagram there are random chicks i follow who seem completely incapable of posting a picture or story without filters applied. this is also a groan on being single as it is now going to be even harder to find a woman who is not all fucked up in the head over this stuff.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
So my wife runs a makeup company and itā€™s funny you post this as she gets asked by customers all the time to help match up products to skin tone for the correct color or for skin in general if not a much of a make up wearing one.

Wife will show me the non make up pic of a client and then show me a enhanced lighting/ low lighting / crazy filter / wizardry pic of the same person posted on social media and night and day difference here. Filters change everything up and really take away from the natural beauty. online presence to friends, family and Facebook stalker friends from high school who are creeping you page have no clue what you really look like with no filters.

in todayā€™s time when you meet a girl you need to almost ask yourself did she put something on or did she take something off as the pics look so different then in person.

Reactions: Shawn1112

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i also found it odd a few girls i chat to recently had mentioned nose jobs, all pretty girls... was a while back now but my ex got a nose job. i didn't even really notice a difference...

tinder example

nj9mt6u0ipf61.jpg

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Self esteem is a really bitch! If one ( male or female ) can boost their self esteem in some way you donā€™t get petty over imperfections that you were born with or self made.

I donā€™t Facebook and have seen posts on my wifeā€™s where husband and wife were doing a 90day challenge to lose weight, tone and more... the negative comments from others was hilarious, but it shows those peoples self esteem, basically they are saying ā€œ if I canā€™t do that you canā€™t either, so I will shoot you downā€

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
when I was at a gym back home I over heard a few of the older guys in the locker room bitching about the so called trainers they have on site, they would push their weight loss drinks etc... make the customer do months of months of exercising, but no talks ever on diet and food to eat to help with goals... those guys were so pissed as one was his wife.

learned that you can work out as much as you want but what you eat is key to weight loss or mass.

Kepa

Jun 13, 2019
interesting
I am in a completely focused zone when I row. I have a room in my house with just the rower in it. It is sunny and I keep it sparse and freshly painted. I buy good rowing kit and I look forward to my daily good hard row. I do it in the morning when I get up and have a lovely shower with nice gel and good quality shampoo when Iā€™ve cooled down after the row. Eventually Iā€™ll feel like my smoothie and freshly ground coffee for breakfast. I keep a log of my performance and compete with myself. Thatā€™s how I keep doing enrgfitness. I make it fun and rewarding.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
It def doesn't help self esteem, but even worse than that is the amount of self-proclaimed experts that use SM to peddle bullshit diet plans, training plans, supps etc
Not the same but similar.

My buddies Wife owns a Womans Boutique (not even sure if thats the right thing to call it). She does some legit things like Microblading (tattoo eye brows), lip injections and tattoo removal. But she also offers a few bullshit services like teeth whitening, pussy tightening and stomach/waistline shrinking. She 100% promotes/peddles it on SM and makes a fucking killing. She has woman travel 75-100 miles one way to come get some of her services. They come for one thing and she upsells them to some of the BS things. It probably helps that she is smoking hot and use to do some modeling. So these woman with low/no self esteem see her and think she uses these services, so they will as well.

We get together very often and travel together often as well. Sometimes she starts telling us how these older woman got the pussy tightening thing. They call or text her and tell her it was the best thing ever. Their significant other said the sex was great and felt like it was a new piece of ass lmmfao! Then those woman tell their friends and word of mouth leads to more business. I always tell her, I cant knock your hustle, if people are dumb enough to fall for that shit then shame on them.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
in thailand i met a chick who basically seems to have ended up joining a breathing cult.

one i was next to in a coffee shop was annoying me because she was whining about how ashamed she was of americans, saying dumb shit really. then another guy i knew came in and introduced us, as he knew her, and she was from the chicago area too. she ended up being some kind of hippie sound healer. we chat for a bit then i went back to my bullshit, she was later knocking on libertarians too, and i totally regret not calling her out on her bullshit now.

people love paying for quacky ideas, i don't understand why. i've seen college educated people who work in the medical industry buy into things like your body ph measured via your piss for health - when there is no such thing as a body ph, and for every liquid in your body, going out of a normal ph zone means you are going to have severe problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info