Fish Powers VS former cheap ass slumlord: International House of Mystery

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Ive got a few essential Ryobi HP stuff. The brushless drill driver and impact driver, impact gun, inflator that has literally saved me 3 times so far, and 4 4AH batteries along with the standard 2 1.5AH batteries. I know its not a whole lot, but I figure Id just keep going since I am already at least $500 deep into the hole, which is nothing when you are talking about tools but I dont want to start over again basically unless I have to.

Im already starting to get deep into the 40V stuff as well with the 21 inch deck lawnmower, weed wacker and edger attachment, and blower.

Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Ive got a few essential Ryobi HP stuff. The brushless drill driver and impact driver, impact gun, inflator that has literally saved me 3 times so far, and 4 4AH batteries along with the standard 2 1.5AH batteries. I know its not a whole lot, but I figure Id just keep going since I am already at least $500 deep into the hole, which is nothing when you are talking about tools but I dont want to start over again basically unless I have to.

Im already starting to get deep into the 40V stuff as well with the 21 inch deck lawnmower, weed wacker and edger attachment, and blower.
Then stick with the Ryobi stuffs, nothing wrong with them. I had few of their tools then my dad went and got me a small DEWALT combo kit. It's just snowballed since then. For a while Lowes would have a deal where if you get a bare tool they'd give you a free 6Ah battery ($150). Okay, so if I get this $90 multi-tool I get a $150 battery for free? Shit yeah. Then came the grinder, the sawzall, etc.

Reactions: Fish

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
nothing wrong with them.

giphy.gif

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
I was reading that as well yesterday and held off on buying vents since the ones I was going to close were painted over and stuck open. Ill be looking for the dampers today after work if I can muster some energy. This 4:30AM start really sucks. :rofl:

I’d still buy some new registers especially if they are covered in paint. I replaced most all of mine because they were soo caked in paint the flow was being limited. Also a couple of them were from the 50’s and man they flow like shit even without being slobbered in paint.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Green and Red here.

Red for the NEED MO POWAAA jobs and the M12 screwdriver is fantastic....

Everything else is Ryobi.... i have like 6 4AH batteries and 6 1.5ah, so ryobi isnt going anywhere

Ive thought about getting some M12 stuff for the smaller things that I dont want to break out a big ole Ryobi 18V thing for. Then again right now I have this little guy and he so far has been a champ. Only downside is no switchable battery so when he dies, he dies until it is recharged.

ryobi-electric-screwdrivers-hp44l-64_1000.jpg

I’d still buy some new registers especially if they are covered in paint. I replaced most all of mine because they were soo caked in paint the flow was being limited. Also a couple of them were from the 50’s and man they flow like shit even without being slobbered in paint.

Ohh they are on the list. I just pushed them further down after reading about how it wont really fix my issues from here and a few other HVAC sites I was searching on.

I swear this is me almost every day now when trying to work on/fix something.

you-just-made-the-list-chris-jericho.gif

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
Ive thought about getting some M12 stuff for the smaller things that I dont want to break out a big ole Ryobi 18V thing for. Then again right now I have this little guy and he so far has been a champ. Only downside is no switchable battery so when he dies, he dies until it is recharged.

ryobi-electric-screwdrivers-hp44l-64_1000.jpg

I have that same Ryobi. Works great for small stuff and the wife uses it a lot as well. Had to get her used to plugging it in when she is done with it though.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Brother in law came over and we looked at the extension cord. Which is what it was. Just an out door rated cord tapped into the power outlet. Ground was just wrapped around the screw that holds the outlet into the wall. :picard: Ripped that right the hell out.

Also secured the wiring on the main floor outlets since they seem to be wired to each other, and one of them was not working while the other one was. Probably since the neutral was barely connecting.

Finally got the furnace rewired and ecobee3 lite installed.

Very slowly but surely. Now I have to find time to get the new TV and stuff mounted downstairs. We will do a proper outlet extension and do it behind the TV with a keystone for the outlet, coax, and network. Mount the surge protector I already have and network switch behind the TV. Mount the PS5 and Switch on either side to hide cables. Hopefully will look nice.

I also found my freeloader that is living in the weed bed. Well, my wife found him. I was totally wrong. Lol.

DEF5241A-A938-41A6-9717-AFBC84665A42.jpeg

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Fight the good fight brotha’ [emoji1306]

getting past all the previous homeowner hack repairs is the first battle.

im 10hrs deep into scrubbing wallpaper glue and drywall work in one room so far. Thrilled! Only a whole house to go

Oh fuck wallpaper right in the ass I HATE THAT SHIT!!! I’d rather rip the drywall off and start over.
I actually said no to a few houses I was looking at years ago mainly because they had really ugly wallpaper in multiple rooms.

Reactions: Fish

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
For me paint was the immediate thing to do since the house was empty anyway. Then wall switches/outlets, door knobs, and then whatever other various shit I’d stumble upon.

So much shoddy wiring found just doing switches and outlets.

Yeah, I almost want to just redo all of the outlets now just to be safe actually.

Switches I want to goto Lutron Casetas, but those are pricey and will probably be a gradual upgrade. Right now it will be bedrooms and main bathroom most likely.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info