First time shooting a pistol

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
I think I did alright. Borrowed @%1;`s new pistol. 9mm FNS9C. 2nd time being at a range.

I still enjoy shooting the .22 rifle long range more though.

Oh and fuck shotguns. Unless you need to take down a bear...the kickback is ridiculous on a slug.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score
That was at 5 yards but he did fine at 10 yards too. Not a bad shot... He had good instruction.. :s00ls:

P40E

Reaction score
I've been to gat guns twice with friends and I find that shooting at 25 yards is hard for me . When I brought it back to half i was more accurate , but still somewhat inconsistent .

bacon28

Reaction score
Not a bad grouping. My first time I shot like shit, but improved every time I went

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Reaction score
I never understood shooting a pistol at 25 yards. Being proficient with follow up shots at 7 yards is more effective for a real world situation.

At 25 yards, whatever you're shooting at isn't really a threat yet, at least in an urban environment.

Also, at 25 yards, you should be using a rifle. A pistol is plan b

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I never understood shooting a pistol at 25 yards. Being proficient with follow up shots at 7 yards is more effective for a real world situation.

At 25 yards, whatever you're shooting at isn't really a threat yet, at least in an urban environment.

Also, at 25 yards, you should be using a rifle. A pistol is plan b
Agree.

I normally practice with 5 inch targets, so at 25 yards I can't even see the thing with my old eyes.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
Too bad you can't carry a rifle around in public :s00ls:
if you're shooting someone at 25 yards, be prepared for a lawsuit. if someone is that distance, i wouldn't really consider them a threat and i would deploy other tactics (escaping)

also agree with my pistol only being a weapon to get me to my rifle especially at 25 yards.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If someone pulled and drew down on you... At 25yrds... You'd run? Not this guy.

It's not that far fetched. Think active shooter scenario. And again, out in public, you don't get to have a rifle when you're seated in a movie theater - for example.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Reaction score
If someone pulled and drew down on you... At 25yrds... You'd run? Not this guy.
depending on the scenario/location, most definitely.

obviously we both know that every case is different. if im in an open field, yes, im drawing and advancing forward. if im in town/in a store, ill definitely seek cover.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom