• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First street driven 5.0 in the 7s

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
yiYLblx.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
When they went 8.02 at the NMRA final race it was only on 17# I believe. I think they just swapped out to STW "Purple" fuel. At least after the 8.02 pass they said FTW stepped up and hooked them up with fuel for future outings.

The car had a banger in it until 3 weeks ago. They just put a PG in it about 3 weeks ago.

This is also on a 76mm turbo.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
:eek2:

A quick review of the JPC Racing 2011 Mustang GT—Rich Groh built the 5.0 engine with ported heads and Boss 302 camshafts but topped it with a stock GT manifold. Power comes from a JPC Racing single-turbo kit with a Precision 76mm turbocharger (7680 unit) and a JPC Racing air-to-water intercooler. Burcham slid in a Powerglide transmission a few weeks ago and initially ran 8.59 at 164 mph with what he calls “low boost”. He turned it up to 17 psi for the NMRA World Finals and ultimately knocked off an 8.02 at 170 mph during a test hit. Today, at MIR, he says the biggest difference was a freshened Powerglide transmission and expects to go quicker by ramping in the boost quicker and adding more peak boost from the Precision turbo. The car still utilizes the factory ECU with DiabloSport tuning.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Their car has a upgraded 76/85 turbo, air to water and a 4" down pipe. Otherwise it is the same kit. I believe I saw Eric @ JPC say those parts will become upgrades to their kit. Although as it sits the kit will make more power than the stock motor can reliably make.

I think you should sell those long tubes and invest in the JPC kit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info