• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First street driven 5.0 in the 7s

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So boost was....?

I specifically asked. It was either over looked or they are not saying at the moment. Being it was on a oxygenated fuel my guess it was the same of couple pounds more.

Going by LSX logic, that's a stock longblock.

Basically

Therein lies my challenge as well. I already have one crazy turbo car. Can't justify building another before selling the first.

Stop spending money on your kids. They should get jobs and support themselves. hahaha

Ya, not a cheap proposition when you factor in a fuel system, tuning, clutch and so on. And that is for motor safe power levels. Want to go crazy and now you need a $4k+ short block as well.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Verdict is out on them so far. Guys have made 1000+ hp with them. There are guys running them into the 9's in heavy street cars.

People make these claims with no data to back it up. I asked someone to show me where they have proof of gear failures. No one could say they even knew someone who had killed a gear. Once chick broke 3 imput shafts at 700 hp. My guess she was getting wheel hop with the drag radials she had. When I asked about that my question was ignored. A buddy in Cali said a customer twisted a input shaft at 800 rwhp. They looked into a input shaft being made with 300M material. Way too costly for a small run of them.

The MT82 has smaller gears than the Magnum XL. So the XL will be stronger. They are a better trans. They will shift better and hold more power. But I still think the MT82 is a stout trans.

wolfe

in black sheep's clothing
Jun 2, 2008
Si Oh Em Pee Tee Oh En
From JPC "The car does have FTW in it and it has the FRPP block 302. 3400 race weight on that pass. Only made one hit as the rental was over for the day and the track was basically prepped for street tires so we did not think we could turn it up more."

Something doesn't add up...3400lb race weight, a video only showing 1000 hp, and an article that says a 78mm turbo with 17lbs of boost. That doesn't add up to a 7.80 pass.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Something doesn't add up...3400lb race weight, a video only showing 1000 hp, and an article that says a 78mm turbo with 17lbs of boost. That doesn't add up to a 7.80 pass.

The dyno video is from before the 8.59 pass I believe. More tuning at the track. Plus that is through a PG and non lock up converter. They also changed to FTW which is an oxygenated fuel. Adding power over normal fuel. Plus it has a mixture of some other potent stuff.

Boost in the intake manifold is a measure of back pressure. That motor flows a ton of air. So a well flowing motor isn't gonna show huge boost numbers. It is all about airflow.

The article could have a typing error. The turbo is a 76mm billet wheel in a 85 housing. You can check precision's website and see the flow rating of that combo.

The guys at JPC are very open about this car, their pure stock car and coyote stock combos. They showed how you can pick up huge rwhp with driveline angles and light weight rotating parts. These guys are not new to racing. I don't think anything is fishy. Although that is hauling at that weight and a 76mm turbo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info