First pistol: EAA Witness?

MM.Junior.

Reaction score
I don't log in this forum as much as i want to, i rarely make time for it sadly. So i know im a complete stranger to most. My bad; im like a whore on crack, i only come here when i need something. Lol jk but ok, so ive been in the market recently to purchase my first firearm. Basically ive narrowed it down to an EAA Witness 9mm. What i wanna know before i purchase one, is what do you guys think about it?

I chose the Witness because its an all steel (or wonder) material, love the accuracy of the gun, love how the mags can hold 18, the fact that you can purchase conversion kits to go from .22lr, to 9mm, 38 super, 10mm, 40, and 45 is awesome.
I think thats pretty darn cool. Same frame, different caliber is convenient, but i understand the kits are priced to the point where you can buy another pistol lol. Anywho, i chose the 9mm ammo because of its availability and affordability.

With that said. Does anyone here own a witness? If so, thoughts? Or what would you guys suggest for a first time pistol?
Also, anyone know the difference between witness models? I believe theres the witness stock 1 and stock 2, the witness elite match, and the witness match i think..?

Attachments

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Don't have a witness, but what are you looking to do with this gun? Specs make it seem like it would be good for range and full size carry. Pricing looks to be consistent with a lot of other options out there. Where I think it would fall short is aftermarket if you want to modify it. You can build a Glock or 1911 out of non OE parts their aftermarkets are so established. As long as a "tinkering gun" isn't your style I wouldn't care. I would also price mags out and see if they are acceptable in cost to you. Personally I'd shoot for 5ish mags.

I will say this is the first polymer pistol I've seen with a factory .38 Super option and that's really cool. IMO it's an under rated caliber, you can get 9mm capacity and more power.

OP
MM.Junior.

MM.Junior.

Reaction score
Don't have a witness, but what are you looking to do with this gun? Specs make it seem like it would be good for range and full size carry. Pricing looks to be consistent with a lot of other options out there. Where I think it would fall short is aftermarket if you want to modify it. You can build a Glock or 1911 out of non OE parts their aftermarkets are so established. As long as a "tinkering gun" isn't your style I wouldn't care. I would also price mags out and see if they are acceptable in cost to you. Personally I'd shoot for 5ish mags.

I will say this is the first polymer pistol I've seen with a factory .38 Super option and that's really cool. IMO it's an under rated caliber, you can get 9mm capacity and more power.
Thanks for the reply! And im simply just looking to have a range type gun. And maybe, just maybe, do some competition shooting with it, but that's dreaming already lol
Not really looking to conceal carry it. Although they do have a compact kit where i can make it a reasonable small size to conceal carry.

And good idea about the mags, im going to check this out today after work. And im not really that into modifying. Kinda wanna leave it as is for now lol
Later on in life ill go for a 1911 type just for customizing purposes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom