• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First COPO Camaro in the 8s - FIGHT

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...awesome-thread-yeah-im-talking-you-eagle.html

me liking ford.

and TIME THE FUCK OUT real quick... you can buy a short bed 2 door ecoboost f150... :fu: there is not enough :wackit: in here that i could express...

no frills, no options ecoboost f150 2wd... short bed reg cab 3.55 locking axle...

26165$ msrp... :fu: omg do want to order.

or 5.0 with same options same setup... 25070$...

fuck im nutswinging harder than most ford nutswingers swing anywhere in that post.

oh shit. i like this one a lot too.

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...er-fans-***nws-cat-nudity***.html#post1117072

this thread is fucking silly.

id fairweather fan my ass right into a 5.0 drivers seat over a 'maro, i have said it in many threads.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
i can agree wiith that, but why would anyone pay to have that done? to have it done decently anywhere is going to cost a g?

Not sure, maybe s00ls has a pile of cash under his bed or knows someone who can do that work on the cheap. It was a thread to make his car look better. I thought it could something he does further down the line if it was something he wanted to do as a finishing touch.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
oh this ones awesome tooo

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/for...ltimate-coyote-vs-ls3-thread.html#post1111172

well here's immediately why i wanted a new thread...

lsx's are in fucking EVERYTHING. my suburban, fwd grand prix's, heavy duty trucks, corvettes, etc... in that aspect, I personally would rather have a ls.

additionally, while everything i have read about the new amazing sprayed plasma sleeved blocks, are just incredible, and technology of the future... i am still leery of stuff that hasn't been out that long... push rods are simple and work, and are time tested... longevity i am more comfortable with the ls than the dohc crazy motors... in a new car. id love a coyote with a warranty... i am just nervous about what happens when something breaks on this motor that is in a single car... i know little about them, and they likely share a lot of parts with its brethren but i am not positive... but just what little information i have i would chose a used lsx over a used coyote something... new... new with warranty, coyote would be sitting in my driveway.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yes, we can go back and probably revisit a thread from 2010 when the Cobra Jet ran mid 8’s. GM is playing catch up, which is easy when the competitor set the bar.

and-here-we-go-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1271.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
8's on it's first pass in a customers hands?? ORLY??

The 2008 Cobra Jets did not have the kind of power the 2013 COPO has. They were rated at 425 crank hp. They did eventually go 8s later in the year in competition. That COPO using a 5.3 w/ 4.0L blower is making much more power than the first year cobra jet cars did.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
And the point being made is?? The COPO sucks :ford:

Not at all. I confirmed your comment that they did not go 8's first time out. But was just pointing out that you are comparing a higher powered 2013 car to a 5 year old car that had less power.

NO WHERE in this thread did I say the 2013 COPO sucks. Never even hinted at that. I am just stating facts. And you must be reading way to much into what I am posting. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info