• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

First COPO Camaro in the 8s - FIGHT

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The Copo was just released, the Cobra Jet has been running down the track for years.

You are comparing them to the 2012 and earlier Cobra Jet cars with the older 4v engines. The 2013 versions have an all new 5.0L TiVCT engine program. The n/a 5.0 engine is rumored to make about 750 crank hp in early development. And the super charged version has a 2.9L whipple on it. No where near as big as the 4.0L the COPO has on it.

Here is the early announcement of the 2013 models.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
YOU made a comment of sizes. Which were out of date. I was just pointing that out.

The COPO comes with a 4.0L and 2.9L blower options on different engines. If you don't think the blower size has nothing to do with power potential than you should have your head examined. lol Blower size has more to do with power production than the displacement of the engine.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
My money is still on the COPO with it's gigantic platform. I read that he 2013 Cobra Jet would be offered with a 5.8 w/whipple and and N/A 5.0. Does this mean they dropped the 5.8 in favor of the 5.0?? Either way the Cobra Jet looks gay and is being bitch slapped by the COPO.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
You were the one that brought up displacement in the thread. So let's see what does better; a 5.0 with a 2.9 Whipple or a 5.3 with a 4.0 Whipple.

My money is on Ford.

The 4.0 should make a ton more power over the 2.9L. But then again I am not up on what class rules are. I would imagine pulley combo and weight would be a big factor as well. But I doubt they would compete against each other in the same class. But I really have no clue as I have not looked at the rules at all. haha

My money is still on the COPO with it's gigantic platform. I read that he 2013 Cobra Jet would be offered with a 5.8 w/whipple and and N/A 5.0. Does this mean they dropped the 5.8 in favor of the 5.0?? Either way the Cobra Jet looks gay and is being bitch slapped by the COPO.

I have not seen one in person. But every thing I have read said they would have the 5.0L engines. :dunno:

Again, class rules are meant to even the playing field. I guess we will see what happens in NHRA Stock classes these cars run in.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

why roll face?

i in numerous threads have said how awesome the mustang is... go look mod boy. i have also quite a few times said i would take the mustang over the camaro... i know this is all hard for you to comprehend- that is- someone realizing or recognizing a badass car and not being blinded by the crest on the front or rear, but maybe you could get there.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
why roll face?

i in numerous threads have said how awesome the mustang is... go look mod boy. i have also quite a few times said i would take the mustang over the camaro... i know this is all hard for you to comprehend- that is- someone realizing or recognizing a badass car and not being blinded by the crest on the front or rear, but maybe you could get there.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info